MLVProducer: [v3200]

Started by AWPStar, May 29, 2015, 10:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AWPStar

New Feature - Group editing

Order: Task edit -> Group edit -> Global(Final) edit.
Task edit
-Input settings
-White balance
-Corrections
-Color space(If group and global settings are turned off)
-Filters
-Curves
-Output
Group edit
-White balance
-Corrections
-Curves
-Color space
Global edit
-Corrections
-Curves
MLVProducer. p.s. sorry for my bad english.

xaled

Here is the link to the mov file that plays out on samsung tv:

http://www.filedropper.com/mvi1138

xaled

Group editing - great feature!

some questions:

- do you spawn ffmpeg instance per core to increase multicore usage when doing group renderings, or do any other multicore optimization?
- could you add the upscale option from different camera raw resolutions like 960x540 to 1920x1080?

Thanks,
xaled

AWPStar

@xaled
Ty!

Try this one. M13-1437.mov

-Files should render in queue order. But ffmpeg uses multithreading to encode files. And some filters works in 2 threads. I am woring on it.
-It is in my todo list. But now you can render with DNxHD encoder. It is always 720p or 1080p.

xaled

I'll try the mov on Thursday evening as I`m away from my tv a the moment.

Great news on multi thread and upscale - take your time as you are doing some great work.

eatbuckshot

Ahh it's just possible that in the IDX code, you may have checked for existence earlier, for the current opening .mlv/.raw file, then didn't expect the path to differ in idx?? idk

i'm not sure what happens if you load a .mlv/.raw then move it to another folder and reopen it

AWPStar

@eatbuckshot
It's already fixed.
And you can't move file while it's open. FOS doesn't allow this. But if it is in queue, but not opened and you moved it you will just get error message.

AWPStar

Found bug
Somehow, green pixels contains focus dots.

Fixed

dpujolcosta

@AWPstar
Great job!!! thanks a lot!!!

AWPStar

Multithreading test. 100 frames.

Debayering is not ready yet.

ByTheWay

AWPStar

New Version
Build v.1772
Mirror

CHANGELOG
Quotev.1772
-added: Multithreading for: wb, corrections, saturation, colorspace lut, 3dlut
-added: New Debayering method
-added: Background indexing
-added: Previews
-added: New Media Queue browser/Groups
-added: Edit mode: Task, Group, Global.
-added: Vertical Stripes Suppression
-added: Curves
-added: Resolution settings
-added: Doubleclick to scrollers
-added: Hotkeys Ctrl+PgUp/PgDwon - previous/next task
-added: Queue status in status bar
-added: Finding for all dead pixels
-added: New Color Spaces

-fixed: menu bug
-fixed: focus dots remover
-fixed: hotkeys out of focus
-fixed: indexing

-Exposure setting moved to input
-Improved cache speed
-Improved waveform resolution

mAst

Hello AWPStar,

first of all you are doing a great job. Your tool is pretty cool. I have one question regarding focus dots: I'm using a 700D with resolution 1536x654. I don't get these dots removed (I tried all patterns). Is it related to the resolution?

Thanks in advance.

AWPStar

@mAst
Hi!
Actually it's related to the center of the frame. Can you send me MLV/RAW file. i'll try to find the reason.

mAst

This is really a fast reply  :). I'm quite new in this forum, so please let me know how I can send it to you. Size is 188mb.

AWPStar

Ottoga

Wow, love this new version.

The only issues that I have found with the UI are:

1) The application window is not maintaining is monitor referential integrity. 

when I drag the application window to my external monitor and double click the title bar or click the maximize button to maximize it: it jumps back to the laptop screen and maximizes instead of maximizing on my monitor (screen 2).

I can manually stretch the application window to make it fill the screen to get around this issue.

2) there were instances where the render button was not visible and there doesn't appear to be any means of collapsing individual tool panels or to scroll the frame where the tool panels are docked.
I could get around this by undocumented the required panel.

You've really taken this app to another level since the I last tested it.  Well done.
EOS 7D.203, EFS 55-250mm, EF 75-300 III, Tamron 16-300 DiII VC PZD Macro, SpeedLite 580EX II.

AWPStar

@mAst
Try this fix. The Pattern shift option.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mlvproducer/files/MLVProducer.test.v1782.zip/download

@Ottoga
Thx! I will add support for second screen.

mAst

Hello AWPStar,

the screenshot is looking promising. Unfortunately I'm getting runtime error 424 "Object required" by pushing this pattern shift option. Currently I'm using your latest version v1772.

AWPStar

@mAst
Use link in the last post. And just overwrite mlvproducer.exe

mAst

Very very cool. It is working. Thank you so much! :D

eatbuckshot

I can't seem to find the options/settings dialog in 1772,  I was curious if I could set the ram usage to be more than 1024 by default, (i think the limit was 1536 in the older versions, i suppose i can check the settings file though...).  I used to write a lot of VB6 back in the day, and I believe it's only 32 bit which may limit the process to 2-3gb max... Perhaps multiple processes to get around this? or utilize 64-bit dll etc idk

I wonder how the multithreading is implemented. Is it alternating frames are assigned to render in a new thread? or is it more granular on groups of pixels at a time (perhaps to make debayering a single frame faster etc)

Edit: Nevermind, I forgot the settings is under the gear icon to the left of File

AWPStar

@eatbuckshot
-VB6 can allocate max 2GB(probably because of signed 32bit-Int(Long) pointer). i limited cache with 1.5GB because of app mem. I can increase max cache up to 4GB by using external dll. But i don't think that this would be so useful.
-32bit app cannot allow 64bit dll =(.
-One thread for a half frame. For now. It's hard to make it for debayering - it has non-linear algorithm, but i'm working on it.

xaled

Finally tried the video on my tv - it works for video!
For audio there is a message, that "audio format is not supported"

P.S. Great features in the new version.

Ottoga

@AWPStar

Thanks.  Also, ignore my comment about collapsing the tool panels. I figured out how to do it.

Cheers
EOS 7D.203, EFS 55-250mm, EF 75-300 III, Tamron 16-300 DiII VC PZD Macro, SpeedLite 580EX II.

AWPStar

Hotfix v1787
Quote-fixed: 3x5 scaling
-fixed: Curves
-added: "Overwrite files" option
-added: Color Calibration Matrix