Author Topic: MLVProducer: [v3200]  (Read 330704 times)

Erkett

• New to the forum
Re: MLVProducer: [v3200]
« Reply #1075 on: November 10, 2018, 01:53:37 AM »
Hi there! :)
I love MLVProducer and i think it's the best MLV processing app for my workflow cuz I am able to set hotpixel manually and clean false colors without any artifacts.

But I have two things to say that's hold me back:
  • The Verticle Stripe detection is bad. Some MLV-files will not been cleaned or only cleaned in some part of the luminence range. Verticle stripes detection is much better in other post processing apps  like MLV_Dump, MLVFS, MLV APP.
    I have attached a picture with a different with and without the function

• I think it should be better if the White balance adjustment shows kelvin instead of a positive and negative value

If the first statement can be solved I will be more than happy  :D

I use a Canon 5D mark III if it helps.

Best Regards

reddeercity

« Reply #1076 on: November 10, 2018, 08:06:43 AM »
Do you have the .mlv file that's having a issue ?
Can you post a link to it so I test it ?

masc

« Reply #1077 on: November 10, 2018, 12:59:36 PM »
I love MLVProducer and i think it's the best MLV processing app for my workflow cuz I am able to set hotpixel manually and clean false colors without any artifacts.
I use a Canon 5D mark III if it helps.
You have false color artifacts on 5D3 clips?! Really?!
5D2.212 | EOSM.202

Erkett

• New to the forum
« Reply #1078 on: November 10, 2018, 03:35:24 PM »
You have false color artifacts on 5D3 clips?! Really?!

Yes, if I filming a tree with leaves and have a light bakground. Check here!

Is that not normal?

Erkett

• New to the forum
« Reply #1079 on: November 10, 2018, 03:59:05 PM »
Do you have the .mlv file that's having a issue ?
Can you post a link to it so I test it ?

Here you have the .MLV file  :)
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiExqIlrKpYglog89tR8nB70YX-S8g

masc

« Reply #1080 on: November 10, 2018, 08:44:09 PM »
Yes, if I filming a tree with leaves and have a light bakground. Check here!

Is that not normal?
This is "normal" in 1x recording mode (non-crop) and mostly happens at hard contrast edges. Using some debayer algorithms may increase or lower such artifacts. In MLV-Producer and MLVApp you can select between multiple debayer algorithms... give that a try. In MLV-Producer I don't know exactly which one is best in this situation, in MLVApp it should be IGV.
I tried removing the vertical stripes in both, MLV-Producer and MLVApp. MLVApp removed them completely and the algorithm is opensource. In MLV-Producer it was removed ~50% only... but maybe the MLVApp algorithm (coming from another ML tool here in the forum, forgot which one) can be added to MLV-Producer.
5D2.212 | EOSM.202

reddeercity

« Reply #1081 on: November 11, 2018, 12:41:01 AM »
Confirmed , mlvpproducer can't fix this .

@ AWPStar could have a look at this please .

I can get a clean dng with mlv_dump (3-31-2018 build)

5d3-fixed-stripes-mlv_dump-m23-2042_000000.dng
5d3-fixed-stripes-mlv_dump-m23-2042_000000.png
exported .ppm file with dcraw then saved it to .png in irfanview
so not corrections at all just what you see in the dng .

@Erkett
If you looking for nice and easy GUI for mlv_dump on Windows platform
try MCMLVConverter: multithreaded MLV to DNG  
use it with the new mlv_dump from the download page .

edit: Even MLVFS can't fix this either

Erkett

• New to the forum
« Reply #1082 on: November 11, 2018, 01:04:19 AM »
This is "normal" in 1x recording mode (non-crop) and mostly happens at hard contrast edges. Using some debayer algorithms may increase or lower such artifacts. In MLV-Producer and MLVApp you can select between multiple debayer algorithms... give that a try. In MLV-Producer I don't know exactly which one is best in this situation, in MLVApp it should be IGV.
I tried removing the vertical stripes in both, MLV-Producer and MLVApp. MLVApp removed them completely and the algorithm is opensource. In MLV-Producer it was removed ~50% only... but maybe the MLVApp algorithm (coming from another ML tool here in the forum, forgot which one) can be added to MLV-Producer.

Okay, I know that false colors fix it pretty good in MLV-Producer.
Yeah you see the verticle stripes is failing. But why I like MLV-producer more is that I can select hot/bad pixels manually. The auto function in MLV-App add a small artifacts in the high contrast edges cuz it thinks that a bad pixel.
Do you know the different between the two interpolation mode?

AWPStar

• Senior
« Reply #1083 on: November 11, 2018, 02:07:56 AM »
@Erkett
@reddeercity
Yes, i will check this.

Thanks for the file. It will help a lot.
MLVProducer. p.s. sorry for my bad english.

[email protected]

• New to the forum
« Reply #1084 on: November 21, 2018, 03:59:40 AM »
when I launch MLVProducer on my windows 10, always got ”Runtime error ‘5’:Invalid procedure call or argument.
any suggestions?

reddeercity

« Reply #1085 on: December 29, 2018, 04:39:37 AM »
@ AWPStar , I've been developing (with help from a1ex) a 720p squeezed mode , [email protected] on 5D2
In which mlvproducer does a great job with it , specially the aliasing & false color filters but I have a small issue
It may be the way I adjusted the image but I get pinkish hi-lights in the almost blown out areas with the 3/5 un-squeeze .
I did a comparison between  After Effects , MLVProducer & MLVApp 1.4v -- Out all three you're App retain all the detail in the
aliasing areas of the test pattern image plus did the best job of recovering detail , while the moiré pattern had the pinkish hi-light
problems . MLVApps did the better job of reducing pinkish hi-light in the moiré patterns but lost detail in the aliasing areas .
A.E. was the least desirable with data missing/holes in the test pattern , it doesn't handle aliasing very well I wouldn't use it .
Here the test MLV from my 5D2 1880x704_48fps_M23-2150.MLV 500MB
If you would like to check it out that would be great .  :)

33trego33

• New to the forum
« Reply #1086 on: January 30, 2019, 01:20:25 AM »
Hello -- I just installed the latest version of ML Producer (on windows 10) and it's fantastic. Thanks for this great piece of software that finally makes magiclantern quick and easy to use.

Only small problem I have is perhaps with the LUTs. I am using the Canon t4i (650d). Although the footage looks good right away, I can't seem to get the color quite right. Reds are always a bit orange, for example. I tried the "Hunter's" LUT for the Canon 5d, but that's not at all right.

Is there a LUT for the t*i series cameras? When I previously shot raw footage and when through the more laborious process with compiling images from dngs into footage, I was able to get perfect color. I am just struggling to learn how to do this in ML Producer. Any tips much appreciated.