Short film / Canon 6D RAW

Started by heywillclark, May 18, 2015, 02:05:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heywillclark

A short film for my university project - shot in 50p RAW mode with max resolution 1792px, then convert to 24fps in DaVinci Resolve lite. No sound.
I would greatly appreciate it if you kindly give me some feedback. :)

https://vimeo.com/114283068

goldenchild9to5

@heywillclark Great work.. Did you use any LUT

DeafEyeJedi

@heywillclark:

I was pleased to watch the pace of this editing style, especially with no sounds. Loved the composures and the colors were nice.

On top of that with me being deaf myself as well so it was definitely an interesting experience to watch this and would you mind me asking what inspired you to make this short? [emoji2]

Care to break down into details of your post workflow?

Which glass did you use?

Thanks for sharing!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Mehmet Kozal

beautiful Scotland. Nice work man.
Canon 650D user. Also, Bilal Fakhouri is a hero.

heywillclark

Thank you all! :)

DeafEyeJedi - Thank you very much :). I am deaf too, the reason for making this short film is to spread the awareness of the importance of sign language to many deaf people and the suicide rate amongst deaf people are much higher due to loneliness by a lack of communication. I am hoping this short film will encourage people to learn sign language.

The post production work was pretty simple really because I shoot the clips in 3000k temperture for cold/cool tones, added a little bit of sharpness, and S-Curves to enhance contrast in DaVinci Resolve lite, that's it. No LUTs. And Scottish weather plays a big part as well! :)

Tamron 28-75mm 2.8 in almost every scene, and a Canon 50mm 1.8 in one scene (eyes close-up scene).

Thank you again!

otekki

really nice video.

Can you share what raw settings and card you used? Want to give it a go on my 6D

thanks
Canon 6D / 24-105mm L / 50mm 1.8
Video Producer.

Mehmet Kozal

Watched this again and loved it even more.
Lived in Glasgow for more than 2 years and watching this kinda made me want to go there and visit all these places again.

Thanks for sharing.
Canon 650D user. Also, Bilal Fakhouri is a hero.