Wrong ML card in wrong camera

Started by gzizzo, May 13, 2015, 04:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gzizzo

I have magic lantern installed on my T2 I. It functions perfectly. My friend owns a 5D Mark three he also used magic lantern without issue on his camera. I recently borrowed his camera and put my T2 I card into his 5D Mark three. Now, his camera will not turn on, there is no activity in the LED, pulling the battery has no effect, the camera is for all intents and purposes quite dead. What do I do? I Tried pushing and holding the set button when turning it on, no effect. Should I do something with the blue flag or the EOS utility? Would putting the 5D Mark three's magic lantern card in do anything?

gzizzo

Sorry, boot flag. Also, I tried pulling the battery.

gzizzo

Walter Schulz

At time of writing cards with nightly builds are dedicated to the cams they are made for.
What do you want now?

- Using your card in 5D3 without ML on it ?
  Format card in cardreader. All ML data on card (including boot option) will get lost. If you want to get back to ML on T2i you have to install ML for T2i on this card again.
- Using your card in 5D3 with ML on it?
  Just delete ML directory and autoexec.bin. Download nightly build for 5D3 (1.1.3 *or* 1.2.3) and copy extracted nightly builds over.
- Using his card in 5D3 (would avoid messing up with file numbers)
  Ask him to borrow this, too.
- Using another card (would avoid messing up with file numbers, too)

Yuppa

Why in God's name would he you loan you a $3,000.00 camera and not include the $15 SD card right along with it?

ML is body specific.  They are NOT interchangeable and the card MUST be considered part of the camera.

This is beyond reason.
When you care more about capturing DATA, as opposed to WONDERMENT, you've lost your creative SOUL.

chris_overseas

It sounds like you haven't actually tried powering on the camera without your T2 I card in the 5D3? If that's the case, take the card out and restart the camera. The version of ML on that card will prevent the 5D3 booting, exhibiting the exact symptoms you've described.
EOS R5 1.1.0 | Canon 16-35mm f4.0L | Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 | Canon 70-200mm f2.8L IS II | Canon 100-400mm f4.5-5.6L II | Canon 800mm f5.6L | Canon 100mm f2.8L macro | Sigma 14mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art | Yongnuo YN600EX-RT II

Walter Schulz

I would prefer removing battery first and then taking the card out. Just restarting won't do any good.
And I don't like the idea to remove cards in this state. Actually don't know if this might do damage to card or not.

kitor

50D with 5d2 card shows warning on LCD that camera is wrong model. 50d in 5d2 ends with black screen and blinking led, in both cases I need to remove card and battery, and it will start without card or with proper version of ML installed.
Too many Canon cameras.
If you have a dead R, RP, 250D mainboard (e.g. after camera repair) and want to donate for experiments, I'll cover shipping costs.