Strange Stuttering on 5dMkII Raw (External Monitor related?)

Started by DrewsifStalin, May 10, 2015, 08:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrewsifStalin

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9etu5qdct9e23wu/Example.mov?dl=0
Got a weird stuttering thing from a shoot yesterday, assuming the footage is FUBAR, but any ideas as to what's going on in camera for future reference? Sadly I can't re-import footage because we ran out of storage on our cards on location, and had to dump and reformat. Sorry if this has been posted before, but I've searched and come up with nothing. I've heard it may be because of the preview mode used? Any ideas? thanks so much everybody!

Shooting 2.35:1 at 1856x790 with auto preview FPS override at 23.976
Shouldn't be overloading the card, and I was under the impression I could be shooting with global draw on.
Multiple shoots before did not result with this issue.

EDIT: also using Aupture V-Screen VS-2 for the first time, Assuming using an HDMI out should not effect the camera's performance?

Also, any ideas on how to save the footage (unlikely) would be met with gratuitous thanks

reddeercity

QuoteShooting 2.35:1 at 1856x790 with auto preview FPS override at 23.976
Downloaded the footage and had a look , You have 30 FPS Not 23.976 , is this raw converted to ProRes ? or is it from the HDMI 60i ?
Look like the footage is not Conform correctly .

DrewsifStalin

May have gone wrong in export, this was imported into adobe aftereffects cs5 and conformed to 23.976 and exported to pro-res 422. Learned from a friend that HDMI out seems to slow things down, I believe that may be what happened here.

silvertonesx24

I have had this bug for a long time on all of the newer ML builds. I stick with 2/15/14 which doesn't have this issue. It is somehow related to HDMI output/monitoring. If you don't use a monitor, you'll be fine.