Switch for macOS Catalina/Linux (former cr2hdr.app)

Started by Danne, May 05, 2015, 04:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sines

Quote from: Danne on August 13, 2020, 08:09:17 PM
Please don't double or triple post. I already answered you in another thread.

Understood, but they were for 3 different solutions: MLV App, raw2mlv, Switch. None of them work on a few of these DNGs, unfortunately.
Director | DoP | Creative Director
Arri Alexa · Arri IIC · Arritechno 35-90 · Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 6K · Canon 5D MKIII · DJI Focus, Matrice 600, Inspire 2, Ronin, Ronin-MX · Zeiss Standard Speeds · Zeiss Superspeed Contax Primes

Alefrient

Unable to download Switch. Bitbucket link tells that "Repository unavailable" :(
PS Maybe someone can share previously downloaded app?

Danne

NeoUnleashed

Danne

sc

Hi there! I recently got a new M1 macbook, and have been searching for a GUI-less way to convert MLV files to dngs on the command line. Previously I'd been using a precompiled mlv_dump executable that ran only on Linux, and I had to set up a crazy workflow using Docker containers to get the output I needed. Searching around the internet for a better way led me to this thread.

I realize this is only a small component of what Switch is meant to do, but may I ask how you're compiling mlv_dump on a mac? I'm finding it hard to find the source code for this utility, and not a lot of info for how to get it working on an M1 mac.

I'm happy to try to contribute if I can (I'm only medium-adept at C coding), fundamentally I'm just looking for a way to do this one small little task.

Thank you!

boredmanicrobot

I'm using a MacBook Pro with Intel silicon (not M1), and I have tried this on macOS Monterey 12.1,  and it doesn't work.  I'm using the .app from the .zip in the link a couple posts above. I am also using the latest ML lua fix build on a 60D (magiclantern-lua_fix.2020Dec28.60D111) if that makes any difference.

Here is the log:

ls: *.RAW: No such file or directory
ls: *.RAW: No such file or directory
-: line 112: /Applications/Switch.app/Contents/raw2dng: Bad CPU type in executable
File not found: /tmp/DUALISO/what_cam_000000.dng
rm: /tmp/DUALISO/what_cam_000000.dng: No such file or directory
ls: /tmp/DUALISO/what_cam_lock: No such file or directory
ls: *.MLV: No such file or directory
ls: *.mlv: No such file or directory
-: line 126: /Applications/Switch.app/Contents/mlv_dump: Bad CPU type in executable
ls: *.MLV: No such file or directory
ls: *.mlv: No such file or directory
-: line 135: /Applications/Switch.app/Contents/mlv_dump: Bad CPU type in executable

I think things just need to be updated to work with whatever changes happened in Monterey, but I do not know enough to guess, really.

Hope this helps.

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: boredmanicrobot on January 12, 2022, 06:38:23 AM
I'm using a MacBook Pro with Intel silicon (not M1), and I have tried this on macOS Monterey 12.1,  and it doesn't work.  I'm using the .app from the .zip in the link a couple posts above. I am also using the latest ML lua fix build on a 60D (magiclantern-lua_fix.2020Dec28.60D111) if that makes any difference.

Did you try this after disabling SIP?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

FilmGAB

Hello, I've tried switch on my m1 Mac 💻 with Monterrey. I must to inform something: cr2hdr work just with cr2 files, and raw2dng doesn't work, so you may use adobedng converter, with cr2 Dual ISO pictures you must to force Dual ISO and disable dng compression. (adobedng needs to be installed) then just run it.

vastunghia

First install of Switch (2023Jan25) on Ventura and the first time I fire it up I get this just after selecting folder with MLV files:

That is: "Menu.command" can't be opened because (null) is not allowed to open documents in Terminal

Seems to be a pretty common issue with Ventura. There are a few workarounds suggested over the net. Will try a few. Just wanted to signal this.

Ciao

Sergio
5D3 for video
70D for photo

julien becker

How do we uptade the focus pixel maps in Switch ? I've copied the files provided by Bilal for crop mood in the mlvfs folder of Switch but I still see the focus dots in Resolve. Am I missing a step or an option that has to be activated when using mlvfs in order to get rid of thes focus dots ?

Danne

There should be a place for maps in there somewhere? They are not found in there?

julien becker

The files are in the that folder but I still see the dots on the image. Is it supposed to work automatically (like in MlvApp) or is ther an option to activate in the Terminal before running Switch ?

Danne

Should work if they are named correctly. Not dualiso right?
Do the maps work in Mlv App?

julien becker

Hi Danne,

Sorry for responding months later.
The problem occurs on files shot in 3x3 1736x738 @57fps.
I've put the same fpm files in the the mlvfs folder of the Switch app than those present in the MLV App folder. It's working for the other files in different modes, but not for these slowmo shots.

Int hte terminal it says :
Loading focus pixel map '80000331_1672x2068.fpm'...
Loading focus pixel map '80000331_3144x1336.fpm'...
Loading focus pixel map '80000331_1808x766.fpm'...

I guess the last one is the one needed for 3x3 1736x738 ?

Danne

Hard for me to know what is going on. Are those files working exporting in for example Mlv App?

You could also test exporting to dang with this
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/switch_mini-git/downloads/
Switch mini. Works better maybe?

What I'm after is if it works with any other program or not.

julien becker

I've downloaded Switch mini and it doesn't work. It works with MLV App.
Here are two dng exported from the same mlv file, once exported with switch mini and once exported with MLV App :

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pJmH8oWDFI3w088MRxfQOJnm5Bnoyz4K?usp=sharing

Danne

julien becker

Ok I will, but how do I know which fpm file is the one needed ?
Here is a screenshot of the fpm files, left is in MLV App, right is in Switch.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qrHKqZxBMYXMJTsHNAI3HJ9ItJP-otR5&usp=drive_fs

I've actually copied the fpm files from MLV App over to Switch. That's why there is a folder called "_old fpm" in the "mlvfs" folder of Switch, I've kept the initial fpm files. That's perhaps a problem ?

Danne

You can see which fpmi is active with your Mlv file in mlvapp. Go from there.

julien becker

I just bought an used M1 mac mini and I get the same results.

In MLV app 80000331_1808x766.fpm is used for that file.
In Resolve, using Switch, I see in the Terminal window that the same map 80000331_1808x766.fpm is loaded but I still see the focus dots in these slow-mo shots.

Danne

Look. To be able and help I need a short mlv sample and the actual map file uploaded somewhere. Not a dng, not screenshots or mores descriptions of the issue.

Danne

How did you create your focus pixel map? It is very small in size.
Easiest way to produce a map is by grabbing something nearby in Ml App and then rename it. I did and it works in both Switch and Mlv App.
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/switch-git/downloads/80000331_1808x766.fpm

julien becker

Hi Danne,
Thanks for the map and your time.
I got mine from Bilal's bitbucket (https://bitbucket.org/bilal_fakhouri/crop-mood-builds/downloads/Crop_mood_focus_pixels_maps_-_EOS_M.zip)
I don't know how to do pixel maps.
I'll try with your's tonight.