Switch for macOS Catalina/Linux (former cr2hdr.app)

Started by Danne, May 05, 2015, 04:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danne

OlRivrRat

@Danne

Is this "New Version" the 1 that is linked to in the 1st Post?

Sure wish Version Numbers could be Attached to all Versions of ML Builds.

ORR ~ DeanB
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

Danne

Danne

Updated Switch. Download in first post:

-fpmutil(https://bitbucket.org/bouncyball/mlv-tools) updated and also added new fpm files in mlvfs workflow in Switch(thanks to dfort and Bouncyball and theBilalFakhouri)
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=16054.msg195837#msg195837

togg

Hi Danne, come back to it after sometime! Switch is the only one that really worked, others crashed. I didn't update in a while so this can't be a real bug report, out of 25 files (240GB - 2.5 hours to do it) last two didn't extract to dng: M20-1734 and M20-1739. I've now done them specifically and it worked. The faulty log:  https://pastebin.com/FYQi6W7V The good one for the last two: https://pastebin.com/uUtrSvJD

Downloading the new version now!

Danne

Hi togg. Do they extract when processed individually? Did you run mlv_dump on steroids?

togg

Quote from: Danne on January 21, 2018, 01:40:42 PM
Hi togg. Do they extract when processed individually? Did you run mlv_dump on steroids?

yes it worked when done individually, second log. no it wasn't mlv_dump on steroids. Anyway don't think about it it was an old version, I just pointed it out to come back on the thread :)

Danne

New version in first post. Mainly I introduced a (b)  bash section into main menu. These scripts will fall into a category of independently running bash scripts and probably will ask user for downloading a dependency or two.

Latest bash scripts are working with HDR workflows for files like MOV, CR2, JPG, tif and a plethora of open source tools are being used. Latest scripts are about this:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=21678.msg197821;topicseen#msg197821

If choosing (cr2) HDR CR2,JPG,tif automation(hugin/exiv2/HDRmerge/enfuse/ffmpeg)

OlRivrRat

@ Danne

Will Switch work in High Sierra?
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

beauchampy

Hey Danne!

Good to see you have kept up with the development of cr2hdr (Now switch).

I haven't been around much, been shooting raw on a c200, but using my 5d3 as a b-cam tomorrow and cant wait to give this a try.

Do these DNGs work in premiere?

Cheers

B

Danne

I believe so. Long time since I checked but should be fine. Let me know otherwise.

Danne

Now possible to simply drag CR2 or DNG dualiso files onto Switch and it will start using cr2hdr right away:
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/switch/commits/20dcc4188cf1b913168279aa08cd3d4f67c554fc

Download in first post
Will work multiprocessing style(4 processes in parallell).

It´s also possible to drag jpg/JPG,/tif/tiff/png files and you´ll get some options to transcode into smaller tif format. Good for posting here for instance.

adrjork

Sorry for this silly question, but I have a doubt:
Time ago I had installed an old Switch. Then yesterday I installed Exiftool. And then today I downloaded the updated Switch for overwriting the old one. Only at this point I read that Switch uses Exiftool, so my question is: could this 2 installations (Switch and Exiftool) be in conflict? Should I uninstall Exiftool?
Thanks a lot.

Danne

@adrjork
Not at all. You can install any version of exiftool since Switch is using its own version (PATH is set to Contents folder inisde of Switch).

adrjork

bakersdozen

@Danne
Thank you for this exciting work on Switch.
I was used to MLRV exporting to .mov and adding a curve (log-c, c-log or slog2) to then go straight into Premiere Pro to edit and grade using 70d. After now playing with EOSM raw I've found switch gets rid of focus pixels, which MLRV can't do on its own - huge thanks.

My question is, to get the same effect as before, do I just select Rec709 - Clog or Rec709 - LogC before export to ProRes to get the same solution from Switch? Will it net the same result? Sorry if I have missed something here. I think the reference to rec709 had thrown me.
EOS M + 5D3

Danne

@bakersdozen
Not sure how far you got yet but exporting to any of the colorspace formats and view them should be a good starting point. Did you select (p) in main menu and then pick one of the formats.

bakersdozen

Yes I did, but yours looks a little different. I must check for the latest version I guess as I am still seeing option for rec709 to LogC etc. Your screenshot now makes more sense. If I am understanding correctly, linear means what it would look like without adding any curves, just a straight export to ProRes .mov? Beautiful. Thanks mate. Any ideas to add slog2 by any chance? What is cineon, XYZ and aces by the way?
EOS M + 5D3

Danne

Linear in this case is dcraw -H 2 which is linear with added -H 2 highlight reconstruction. This setting is the closest I could get to acr.
Aces and XYZ are colorspaces called from dcraw as well. Plenty to read about these two but philosophy here is to retain as much color as possible to be used in post. However output mov is reduced to 10bit so color is affected(maybe not visible by eye). Using these two is probably better with full 14bit as the dng itself which isn´t possible right now.
The untouched, passthrough setting is the (04) rec709 but this isn´t the best setting imo since dng output to rec709 will in this case clip highlights.
About slog2, I could check into adding this.

bakersdozen

Thank you Sir! This and your last post have helped me understand emmensly. Much appreciated. You have certainly got me pointed back in the right direction. Slog2 would be a cool addition, if at all possible.
EOS M + 5D3

Danne

Did you check into Mlv app by the way? Think it runs slog2.
Oh, and see to it you are selecting (p) not (o) in main menu to get to dng to prores menu.

bakersdozen

Thanks again, yes my issue was wrong menu selection. Confirming P works well for me now after some guidance. mlv app is good, but didn't fix focus pixels.
EOS M + 5D3

Danne

Hm, that is interesting as Switch should be using the same focus pixel lists. Think it will help Mlv app developers if you post them an example file to check.

Just to make sure we are talking of the same app:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=20025.0

whysodifficult

Danne, i don't know if it's the right thread, but since Switch uses MlRaw Viewer 1.5, does anybody know how can i convert MLV to MOV (or DNGs) with the same look (filter/settings/grading - whatever it's called) as MlRaw Viewer 1.5 shows with it's default c-log? I just like the default look that this app gives.

I have Switch, cr2hdr, Colorcast 0.5 and Footage for Mac (i use these two), also Resolve, Adobe Premiere and After Effects.

I can try to achieve this with Colorcast and Footage for Mac, but i can't get the same results, i feel like i'm doing it worse than MlRaw Viewer 1.5 does and i'd like to do it quickly.

OR

What does MlRaw Viewer 1.5 does with the file besides giving it c-log? So i could repeat it in Colorcast or Footage for Mac?
Thank you!