Switch for macOS Catalina/Linux (former cr2hdr.app)

Started by Danne, May 05, 2015, 04:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danne

Thanks for telling. I check into it. Could be I updated ffmpeg. Gonna check.
By the way. Could you upload the LOG file?
If possible upload a sample MLV.

Danne

Uploaded a new version. Audio issue fixed.
Thanks @steeth

steeth

Awesome!! Thanks a lot Danne. Will download the new version and give it a try.

Thanks again and have a great weekend!

whysodifficult

Danne,
thank you a lot for your reply and for personal message! I tried what you wrote but can't get the result, obviously i'm doing it wrong((. May i ask you to kindly write exact steps that i need to make in your app in order to turn DNG sequence into MOV Prores4444?

I edit original DNGs in Lightroom and export them in DNGs into another folder. These changed DNGs i need to convert to MOV Prores4444.

Also do i understand you correctly, that i can change only the first DNG in the sequence and the app will apply the same settings to all DNGs in the sequence? Is this what you meant? If yes, how can i do it — what exact steps in the app?

Thank you!

steeth

Hi again.

I just tested out the newest build and I´m sorry to say that the problem with the audio .wav file getting deleted by itself is still there? Tried on several various .MLV files recorded with audio, and it behaves exactly like the last build I´m afraid. Going back to the older build from around march/april that I use and converting the exact same .MLV files, and everything works as expected again, and the audio is there.. Wierd..

Danne

Hi. Thanks for reporting. Since it works over here and I can´t get any other user reporting that issue I need more info. Best would be if you could send me some sample files over. You can create sample files by selecting (17) in the mlv_dump menu.
It will also be helpful if you send me the LOG file over.
Could you try replacing ffmpeg from an older build and put it in a newer build? It's inside Contents folder inside cr2hdr.app.
Thanks.

*I would avoid the older versions since it will be laggy when processing larger mlv chunks.

Danne

New version up.

cr2hdr.app @togg noticed some serious speed delays when processing bigger batches of MLV files. This should be fixed now. Instead of passing through all files checked through dfort fpm.sh pixel list it will now only run the script if MLV files are coming from cameras affected by the focus pixel issue(eosm, 100D, 700).

Teamsleepkid

automatic easy batch capture and spit out dngs fast. like rawmagic except it gets rid of focus pixels automatically. no settings. just batch capture to dng. you tell it where to output it. it knows if you're in 5x crop mode automatically, it knows if you shot 3x3. it just makes dngs...what do think? good idea? danne for the win.
EOS M

Danne

Thanks man! Glad to hear when it comes to good use. Determing optional output path is great, I agree. Quite a lot of stuff that can be achieved wit a few workarounds through automator.
I also added so that last path chosen is rememebered. Simply double click cr2hdr.app and it will open up from last selected folder.

Danne

New version uploaded
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/switch/downloads/Switch.dmg

I decided to rename cr2hdr.app to Switch.
This project started as a cr2hdr automation tool but quickly grew into a processing tool for a lot of ML related things. Mainly my focus has been around mlv_dump and different flavours around mlv_dump. Cr2hdr is still in there of course!
This program is based around command line switches set through bash menus so therefore the name Switch felt as good one.

In this upload I also implemented Bouncyball mlv_dump on steroids version along with the ongoing ml-dng version already inside Switch. User can switch between both versions through main menu. I´d say Bouncyball did pretty impressive work here building/refining g3gg0/a1ex/dmilligan code.
I reworked scripts so darkframe processing will work with both versions. Focus pixel handling is also working differently between the two versions but thanks to dfort´s focus pixel script it can handle both ways.

togg

Danne

New version uploaded in first post.

- Added fpmutil(Bouncyball)
A continuation of dfort focus pixel script(for cameras like eosm, 100D, 700D) only recoded and refined as a c program. We got speed!
https://bitbucket.org/bouncyball/mlv-tools/overview

Running time command comparing creation time building the first croprec focus pixel file for eosm:
fmputil
real   0m0.021s
user   0m0.012s
sys   0m0.005s

fpm.sh
real   0m4.717s
user   0m10.848s
sys   0m2.304s

- Also added latest version of mlv_dump_on_steroids
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=18975.0

I am keeping dfort´s trusty "steamboat" fpm.sh focus pixel script in my ml-dng version of mlv_dump for future history class while adding fpmutil to mlv_dump_on_steroids in Switch.
Enjoy and once again kudos Bouncyball.

beauchampy

Hey Danne,

Looks exciting!

I can launch Switch from the DMG, but when I copy to my applications folder I get 'The application "Switch" can't be opened".

I have "allow apps from anywhere" selected in my OSX security settings, and I'm on 10.11.6.

B

Danne

I tried to reproduce the issue on macOS Sierra but couldn´t. I assume it was working before? Could you try doing these things:
1 - Restart computer and then double click from /applications folder again
If that isn´t working do:
2 - Drag the folder on to "Switch". Will do the same as double clicking only it will open from within your folder directly
Now try step one again.
3 - You can also try downloading the unzipped repository and see if that helps
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/switch/get/b69c25498d89.zip
Edit*
4 - Open up Switch in automator on your computer and save it. Then double click

On macOS Sierra I can´t open from the dmg file since gatekeeper complains about opening "First_out.app" which is a workaround I use to open up Switch when double clicking it.

12georgiadis

Hello,
I'm planning to shoot a doc with 20hrs footage. I want to use 5DmkIII + compressed 14 bit 1920*1080 @24p and post-production workflow MLV=>CDNG (DNG if not possible)=>Proxys ProRes=>online edit & grading on CDNG/DNG (resolve 14)
I don't want to use MLVFS because it's too slow on Resolve. The only reliable app for transcoding seems to be switch (tested footage but no batch, tested MLV producer but no compressed 14 bits, tested rawmagic but outdated). What are the simplest settings in switch to transcode to CDNG/DNG ? Can I use full auto mode ? Or there isn't automode for compressed 14 bits ? Sorry, lot of questions and thank you in advance =)
I

beauchampy

Quote from: Danne on July 26, 2017, 09:52:07 AM
I tried to reproduce the issue on macOS Sierra but couldn´t. I assume it was working before? Could you try doing these things:
1 - Restart computer and then double click from /applications folder again
If that isn´t working do:
2 - Drag the folder on to "Switch". Will do the same as double clicking only it will open from within your folder directly
Now try step one again.
3 - You can also try downloading the unzipped repository and see if that helps
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/switch/get/b69c25498d89.zip
Edit*
4 - Open up Switch in automator on your computer and save it. Then double click

On macOS Sierra I can´t open from the dmg file since gatekeeper complains about opening "First_out.app" which is a workaround I use to open up Switch when double clicking it.

All well after restart. Thanks Danne.

Danne

@12georgiadis
Switch only outputs to cdng.
Choose either full auto or enter (p) to tweak prores settings. If you like to tweak mlv_dump settings you can do that too. Select either (m) or (ms) depending on what mlv_dump version you want to run. When done with all switching select (r) to run Switch.

Regarding compressed footage. Mlv_dump outputs both compressed and uncompressed cdng files automatically. If you need to decompress MLV files there are settings for this in the menus. Play around a little and get back on how it goes.

12georgiadis

Thank you Danne. So, if I understand correctly, I can have an auto config from compressed MLV and batch export in compressed cdng ?

Danne

Yes, that should work just fine. Not sure if the dng comes out compressed or decompressed. Anyway. The  dng file itself should behave exactly the same either way.
Once you are about to transcode you could write me and I help you set up a configuration if needed.

nikfreak

[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

DeafEyeJedi

Finally made the switch to Switch and damn Danne did it again!!! :D

Once again thanks to Bouncyball and currently batch processing lossless DNG's w ease on 10.12.5 OS X.

Love the new percentage notification counter. Will play around with some more later.

Thanks, Danne for continuing to make bold decisions revolving around your app!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Danne

@nikfreak. Most probably yes. MacOS Sierra has a tougher gatekeeper system, that's the main reason I put the headline up. Older os should work fine. Would be nice to hear if you get it up and running.

@Deafeye. Welcome back dude!

DeafEyeJedi

Hopefully this is just me (or just the 100D files) but I ran it twice to be sure and seems that spanning files do spit out DNG's into respective folders but then doesn't clean up (into the A_ORIGINAL folder) properly for some reason after conversion is complete.

Here's a screenshot...

Could this be a bug?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

12georgiadis

Thanks Danne. I'm making a couple of tests soon (low light, overexposure+sky etc.). I keep you in touch to get the best out of it. This is a killer app !