Switch for macOS Catalina/Linux (former cr2hdr.app)

Started by Danne, May 05, 2015, 04:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danne

Are you shooting compressed material? I use a1ex compressed_raw code mlv_dump in there but can you test with a version with mlv_dump directly as well?
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/cr2hdr/downloads/mlv_dump

Run
mlv_dump --dng INPUT.mlv
Same result?

Danne

Download in first post.
To honor a1ex great lossless compression_raw work I put in his version of mlv_dump in cr2hdr.app together with the older one. I havn,t found out how to differ compressed raw material with metadata so the trick is to develop one dng file and if it turns out to be a compressed file cold pixel fix will totally max out showing 200000 found pixels. THis make scr2hdr.app choose the mlv_dump4k version instead. Otherwise cr2hdr.app will process mlv files as usual.
Don,t expect all mlv_dump functions to work here. compressed_raw still wip experimental
Don,t expect the 4k mlv_dump version to work exactly like the version of mlv_dump in cr2hdr.app going through the menu system since I,m using a slightlu modified version of mlv_dump.

if grep '200000' <<< "$(mlv_dump -m -f 1 --dng -o /tmp 2>/dev/null "$FILE" | awk '/cold pixels/ { print $6;}')" 
then
#frame extraction in mlv_dump4k makes multihtreading possible. Thanks to so-rose for highlighting this possibility
    frct=$(mlv_dump4k -f 0-1 --dng $mlv -o "$O2""${BASE}_1_$date"_ "$FILE" | awk '/Processed/ { print $2; }')
    mlv_dump4k -f 2-$(($frct/4)) --dng $mlv -o "$O2""${BASE}_1_$date"_ "$FILE" &
    mlv_dump4k -f $(($frct/4+1))-$(($frct/4+1+$frct/4)) --dng $mlv -o "$O2""${BASE}_1_$date"_ "$FILE" &
    mlv_dump4k -f $(($frct/4+1+$frct/4+1))-$(($frct/4+1+$frct/4+1+$frct/4)) --dng $mlv -o "$O2""${BASE}_1_$date"_ "$FILE" &
    mlv_dump4k -f $(($frct/4+1+$frct/4+1+$frct/4+1))-$frct --dng $mlv -o "$O2""${BASE}_1_$date"_ "$FILE"
else
#frame extraction in mlv_dump makes multihtreading possible. Thanks to so-rose for highlighting this possibility
    frct=$(mlv_dump -f 0-1 --dng $mlv -o "$O2""${BASE}_1_$date"_ "$FILE" | awk '/Processed/ { print $2; }')
    mlv_dump -f 2-$(($frct/4)) --dng $mlv -o "$O2""${BASE}_1_$date"_ "$FILE" &
    mlv_dump -f $(($frct/4+1))-$(($frct/4+1+$frct/4)) --dng $mlv -o "$O2""${BASE}_1_$date"_ "$FILE" &
    mlv_dump -f $(($frct/4+1+$frct/4+1))-$(($frct/4+1+$frct/4+1+$frct/4)) --dng $mlv -o "$O2""${BASE}_1_$date"_ "$FILE" &
    mlv_dump -f $(($frct/4+1+$frct/4+1+$frct/4+1))-$frct --dng $mlv -o "$O2""${BASE}_1_$date"_ "$FILE"
fi

a1ex

Any issues using the new mlv_dump for regular footage?

Danne

Maybe not but I,m using a specific branch which adds white balance correction(mlvfs style) and also some extra code from Bouncyball which works with externa pixel map files. There are more stuff. All changes are ported by Bouncyball and coming from mainly mlvfs code or Bouncyball himself.
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magic-lantern/branch/ml-dng-unified_6_RAWC_rec_trigger-latest

Havn,t really tested this at all but now we can test run compressed_raw material easily and check what works and not. Deafeyejedi did some short testing. Maybe he can put up his findings here.
Wish I had more time for this stuff  8)

Danne

New download.
Adjusted cold pixel fix number to 100000 or more since some files does not hit the maximum roof and falsely thinks it,s uncompressed footage. Thanks deafeyejedi for samples. Hopefully it will differ from compressed and non compressed files better now. If not, please report.

DeafEyeJedi

Thanks so much for the quick fixes. At first I thought it had something to do with the 2017-04-06 experimental build for 5D3.123 but doesn't seem to be.

I wanted to give ImageJ a go within your app and this is what I'm getting (even after placing the PointPicker inside the Plugin Folder).

Also I noticed with the latest cr2hdr.app I wasn't able to get it to respond to 14-bit lossless MLV's in HDR 100/1600 from 5D3.

Here are some short samples in case you want to try on your end: https://mega.nz/#!D1lHhAbL!X_QKk046acE_oWG1k8UVc9Yqo1eOqQTjCd9s3bvv-eU
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Danne

Reworked mlv_dump compressed raw detecting so hopefully even better finding out what is what now. Check with latest.
About your ImageJ issue I can,t see what,s going on. See to it that you have ImageJ in applications folder and so on.

togg

Why when processing there's not the real time log in the same window of the options but the strange percentage thing in the menu bar? It feels really weird to me!

Also a small thing, when files are relocated on the A_ORIGINALS folder when converting RAW to MLV the R00 files etc are not moved, only the RAW one.

Danne

Time log in the same window?  Could you elaborate?
The automator wheel you are referring to isn't telling more than that the application is running. It's not possible for automator to know how long processing will take from the included scripts. I guess that estimation could be done and put into an indicator but it won't be exact.
I'll check into also moving the R00 and so on to the originals folder. Thanks.

Danne

QuoteAlso a small thing, when files are relocated on the A_ORIGINALS folder when converting RAW to MLV the R00 files etc are not moved, only the RAW one.
Fixed!
By the way. Thanks to Bouncyball for the RAW to MLV conversion function.

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: Danne on April 12, 2017, 07:43:36 AM
Fixed!
By the way. Thanks to Bouncyball for the RAW to MLV conversion function.

Excellent catch @togg! Thanks for the reminder @Danne for us to have the ability to go through old RAW files from back in the days of early ML to convert them into MLV's and none of this could have been possible without @Bouncyball's work.

togg

That was a fast fix, thanks!

@Danne I mean, it's strange that the app window disappear, I don't care that much about the estimation (although it would be usefull) but not seeing what the software is doing is strange.

@DeafEyeJedi Oh yes a big thank to Bouncyball! I've just discovered this feature thanks to Danne, I think a lot of people would like to know that something like this is possible. MLV Lite is a recent development so there are a lot of files from 5D2 owners out there.

I'm now converting 1.5 TB of files. I had to copy them from a 3TB drive that was full in order to do the conversion. Would it be difficult to throw in a destination folder option for the conversion from RAW to MLV? It would also avoid the fact that now the drive is reading and writing at the same time at half speed. For a big amount of files this basically mean one extra day of work for each of the two non necessary steps, more possible errors as well.

Danne

Thanks for feedback togg.

Quote@Danne I mean, it's strange that the app window disappear, I don't care that much about the estimation (although it would be usefull) but not seeing what the software is doing is strange.
I thought of this a while ago. I guess I could let a small terminal window put in a corner tell exactly what processing is going on while it´s running. I already do some apple script notfication messaging when user selects (a) full auto from the main menu.

QuoteWould it be difficult to throw in a destination folder option for the conversion from RAW to MLV?
I`ll have to check into this. Might be working.

*Update
Could not find a way to specify MLV output however you can trick raw2dng to think it,s processing file in another location by creating symbolic links to the output location and then you,ll end up with the MLV files wherever you set output. I see if I can create something useful here.

togg

Thanks to you.

Yes exactly, the same terminal window. You already have the log file updated in real time anyway.

A small thing, the version number doesn't change right? I only see 1.2 in the finder informations.

@Danne Don't rush up the destination folder thing for me, I'm already on my path here anyway. I've already moved the files and the conversion is progressing, it would be usefull for other people.

Danne

Version history is always the same.
Would be good if you could test the specified output loction once it,s ready just to confirm working or not.
Thanks again for ideas and feedback.

Danne

Here we go. New version up. Specify output location for where to put MLV files when converting from RAW to MLV. Simply choose (2) to choose or create a new output folder. Works through symlinking.
Commit: https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/cr2hdr/commits/884bbada0050493a77aba013db7289d33d18617b

togg

Niiice. If I stop the conversion now (I'm doing the second batch, I've divided in 3) will it keep the files already converted or it will revert everything?

Danne

Files converted will stay converted.

Before stopping I would simply move all RAW files into A_ORIGINALS. By doing this cr2hdr.app will probably break or you can stop it by pressing the automator wheel if it doesn,t stop.

I posted yet another version just now which handles erasing symlinks after processing a little differently.
Havn,t had time to test with .R00 .R01 etc yet but should work.

*Update. Tested working with spanned file R00 assigned to alternate location.

togg

Yey double speed as expected! I was so sad of treating my hard drive roughly  :'(

It works with both single and spawned files. But there's a little bug. It creates aliasing of the RAW on the destination while converting, it deletes them when is a single file but doesn't when is a spawned one. Just a minor thing.

Danne

hehe, just fixed that quirk. Noticed it myself.
New version uploaded.

Nice that it works.

beauchampy

DeafEyeJedi

So fuckin' HAPPY that more users are digging this app. Been trying to publicize this for years. Going back from Pre-cr2hdr-r to MLP to present has been a great journey and I am honored to continue to ride on this wave of yours that just never ends...

Thanks @Danne for sticking with us through thick and THIN!  8)

Danne

Thanks guys. Appreciated. Happy times  :D

togg

the aliases were not deleted! I mean it really takes a couple of click to get them out but I wanted to let you know.

Danne

Thanks. Thought I fixed it. Sure you downloaded latest?
Could you upload your version of cr2hdr.app so I can check it? Lots of versions floating now :).