bunch of problems with 600d after installing ML on the new sd-card

Started by Shurik, May 05, 2015, 12:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shurik

Hi!
I used my 600d with 8gb sd-card with ML 2.3 (102). Everything works fine.
Yesterday I tried to setup ML on the other 32gb sd-card and probably did it wrong cos now i have a lot of problems.

1. camera turns on, but sometimes just turns off unexpectidly
2. almost each time mirror opens camera frezzing or crash (random color lines on the screen)
3. even if its not freezing it takes infinite time to save image to the sd-card
ML menu looks working except:
4. quick test crash camera
5. changing shutter impossible or crash camera
6. changing apperture impossible or crash camera

Ive tried to format both cards, reinstall ML, uninstall ML, update firmware, pray, nothing helps me.

Any advice?

Walter Schulz

Sounds like you're running old "stable" version which has actually fallen from grace and is no longer supported.
Go nightly build. Top of page -> Downloads -> Download nightly build.

And run h2testw (Windows) or f3 (OS X) to verify cards labels telling the truth.

Shurik

Just format sd-card and update firmware to the initial Canon 1.0.2
still have problems, especially when I try to record video - instantly crashed with random color lines on the screen

Walter Schulz

Don't know what you have done.

The error is there with a card formatted in cardreader?

Shurik

Shurik

Shurik

just for your information: it was a hardware problem, service center repaired my camera, it works (at least with canon firmware, havn't setup ml yet)

Datadogie

What happens when you put back the old 8 gig card?  What happens when you put in a formatted card. Reset all the Canon settings.
T3i and Kiss X4 (550d (T2i)) Tamron 18-200mm, Sigma 28-70mm f2.8 (need firmware upgrade) Olympus 50mm f1.8  Olympus 28mm f2.8 and Olympus 24mm f2.8
Fancier 370 tripod and LCD hinged loupe. DIY Slider and crane.