How to process MLV follow-up files? (.M00 , M01 , ...)

Started by Danialdaneshmand, May 02, 2015, 07:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danialdaneshmand

When i'm recording MLV right where the file reaches FAT32's limit it creates new files that
are not MLV and i couldn't convert them using MLRawviewer or MLVconverter.

I'm using Windows 8.1 and Canon 7D latest nightly.

Danialdaneshmand

Licaon_Kter

It creates .M00, .M01... and so on? It's ok, your raw processor of choice should pick those up and load them by default ( at least mlvfs and mlrawviewer do )

Danialdaneshmand

Quote from: Licaon_Kter on May 02, 2015, 11:36:55 AM
It creates .M00, .M01... and so on? It's ok, your raw processor of choice should pick those up and load them by default ( at least mlvfs and mlrawviewer do )
Somehow they don't , i don't know what to do.
I tried renaming the file type to MLV but didn't work.

Licaon_Kter

Retested both (on Linux), had one file.MLV and file.M00, moved M00 out of the way, opened the MLV to see 130 frames, moved the M00 back and opened MLV to see 157 frames.
The MLV file has ~4Gb, the M00 file has 1.1Gb.

Danialdaneshmand

Quote from: Licaon_Kter on May 02, 2015, 03:08:41 PM
Retested both (on Linux), had one file.MLV and file.M00, moved M00 out of the way, opened the MLV to see 130 frames, moved the M00 back and opened MLV to see 157 frames.
The MLV file has ~4Gb, the M00 file has 1.1Gb.
I did the same thing but either times i get 1230 frames. (FPS override 5fps)
Also i checked the output dng's to see if their size match a single MLV or MLV and the follow-ups together, it was about 5GB so nothing there...

Frank7D

Danialdaneshmand

Frank7D

Okay, so 1230 frames would be about 4 GiB. I haven't used that converter, but mlrawviewer should handle the spanned files with no problem. Definitely don't rename them though.

Danialdaneshmand

I tried it again with mystic , that did it!
All mlv's were in the same folder and now the output is 4368 frames 14.4GB.
I think if i try it again with MLVconverter it will work fine , it just doesn't show the total frames at first.

Thanks guys!

Dmytro_ua

I've recorded timelapse with Silent Pic Hi Res in MLV format.
It's rather large 28Gb: 1 mlv file and 6 m00, m01 ... etc.
MLRawViewer doen's export to dng. Creates a folder and a few files, than crash.
MLVMystic creates empty folder and gives me "successful export" window. Doing nothing.

With other small mlv files MLRawViewer works good. I tried different releases 1.3.2, 1.3.3, 1.4.3 - the same result.
Can someone help me please?
5d3 1.2.3 | Canon 16-35 4.0L | Canon 50 1.4 | Canon 100mm 2.8 macro
Ronin-S | Feelworld F6 PLUS

DeafEyeJedi

Did you combine the spanning files together with the MLV from FRSP before running MLRV?

Are you on mac?

If so, try @Danne's cr2hdr-r app.

Have you tried using @dmilligan's MLVFS yet?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Dmytro_ua

No, I didn't combine these files. They are in the same folder. How can I combine them?
PC, Win7 64

Walter Schulz

MLrawViewer takes care of splitted files on its own.
Please more details: Cam used? Full res silent pic mode? How many DNGs you got before MLVRawViewer giving up? I suppose you used a local drive for storing MLV files?

Dmytro_ua

raw2cdng.1.7.4 did the job!!  :)

I tried MLrawViewer to unpack regular MLV without additional m00... before. Worked well. But this time I've had 805 frames timelaps (all night shooting). And MLrawViewer didn't work and crashed all the time. Created a folder, several dng's and crash.
My cam: 5d2, Full res silent pic mode, local HDD.

g3gg0

DO NOT COMBINE THE FILES.
tools have to read all files correctly if you give it the first .mlv.

if not, you can combine them with "mlv_dump -o out.mlv in.mlv"
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

Walter Schulz

If using MLVRawViewer: The number of processed files was 115 or a number nearby? And number was constant every time you tried?
If so: Move files to a subdirectory just below root and don't use blanks in naming! And keep it short. C:\workdir will be fine and drive doesn't matter (if sufficient free space). Retry.

ddelreal

I'm on Mac and I have these "file.M00" instead of "file.mlv" Mystic won't read them and neither will MLRawviewer. How do I get these converted to cdng???

Walter Schulz

If your recording exceeds 4 GByte and are using default file handling you get *one* MLV and subsequently M00, M01, M02, and so on.
All tools available for cDGN should be able to use them by just selecting MLV.
If unable to handle them there should be a small advice how to merge them.

ddelreal

Ah, so the .MLV still also references the other files too (M00, M01 etc)? Got it, thanks Walter.

DeafEyeJedi

Exactly my point as combining the MLV with the spanning files in the same directory in order for MLRV to pick up the rest from FRSP footage.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109