Simply stunning journey - 5D3 ML RAW - 24mm // the train to ollanta

Started by beauchampy, May 01, 2015, 12:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beauchampy

Info in the Vimeo description. Any questions, please fire away.

soundsubs

Canon 5D iii / 8-15mm, 16-35mm, 50mm 1.2, 85mm 1.2, 135mm, 24-70mm ii, 70-200mm ii

DeafEyeJedi

Definitely love the pace of the cuts and 24mm is definitely one of favs of all time.

Love the grade and how the contrast came out -- very well done! Did you use Cinelog-C at all?

Which brand lens do you own that you used on this one?

Thanks for sharing @beauchampy!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

beauchampy

Quote from: DeafEyeJedi on May 01, 2015, 08:57:40 PM
Definitely love the pace of the cuts and 24mm is definitely one of favs of all time.

Love the grade and how the contrast came out -- very well done! Did you use Cinelog-C at all?

Which brand lens do you own that you used on this one?

Thanks for sharing @beauchampy!

Thanks! I didn't end up using cinelog on this one. I was experimenting using the BMD film profiles for 5d raw directly inside Film Convert. A few extra nodes for some minor correction and that's about all that went into it.

Glass was actually a zoom, although I would love a 24mm prime. Canon 24-70 2.8 II

DeafEyeJedi

Good stuff to know! Surprised to see almost no distortion at 24mm even w your zoom. Thanks for sharing again and I have an old AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D (not exactly a prime) but it works well with an adapter to use on Canons... [emoji3]

In the train shoot up above -- how much did you close the Iris down to maintain the sharpness as well as infinity?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

beauchampy

Danialdaneshmand

Canon eos m

Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

DanHaag

That looks stunning indeed! Which FilmConvert settings did you end up with?

beauchampy

Quote from: DanHaag on May 09, 2015, 05:04:38 PM
That looks stunning indeed! Which FilmConvert settings did you end up with?

It was on the 5d III BMD profile, FJ8543 VD with the curve and colour set to 100%. I didn't change any other settings. Additional correction was done on further nodes just to lift the shadows out a little more (they were very dark to begin with).

theartofweb

Could be that on some shoots the lens does not seem to be focused on infinity (moments before the tunnel)?

Do you think with a wide lens like that the DoF will stay almost the same no matter the aperture?

That means I might be better off NDing the lens to capitalize on its sweetest spot (around f/5.6) instead of stopping it down adn get diffraction.

beauchampy

Quote from: theartofweb on May 10, 2015, 12:33:18 PM
Could be that on some shoots the lens does not seem to be focused on infinity (moments before the tunnel)?

Do you think with a wide lens like that the DoF will stay almost the same no matter the aperture?

That means I might be better off NDing the lens to capitalize on its sweetest spot (around f/5.6) instead of stopping it down adn get diffraction.

I think at 24mm almost everything will be in focus at 5,6. You're right about that. To be honest with you, at f8-14 this lens is still sharp as hell. I didn't have an ND with me that would cover an 82mm thread. Anyway, I try not to get caught up in these quite minor technicalities too much.. Was too busy making sure I captured the moment while I had it.

KelvinK

really great! simplicity of this video makes it really cool. very good stabilized tho. thanks for sharing
6D - 5D - NEX - M50!

cmccullum

Very nice work indeed! This might seem like a silly question, but how did you get on the front of the train...? :-\

axelcine

Excellent. What's the music? All too often we forget to tell about our musical choices.
EOS RP, 5dIII.113/Batt.grip, 5dIII.123, 700d/Batt.Grip/VF4 viewfinder + a truckload of new and older Canon L, Sigma and Tamron glass

beauchampy

Quote from: cmccullum on October 22, 2015, 05:31:24 PM
Very nice work indeed! This might seem like a silly question, but how did you get on the front of the train...? :-\

The vistadome train has two seats right at the front of the train. The driver is in a tiny little cabin to the right of these two seats!

Quote from: nikki on October 23, 2015, 08:43:44 PM
where is the vimeo link?

vimeo.com/126585878

Quote from: axelcine on October 26, 2015, 03:32:25 PM
Excellent. What's the music? All too often we forget to tell about our musical choices.

Music is credited on Vimeo, however it is Cinematic Orchestra - Arrival of the Birds