Canon 6D

Started by Maqs, May 01, 2015, 09:56:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Levas

That feature no longer exist, since raw video is way more exciting  ;D
And the 6d has the ALL-I recording option available in Canon menu, so for best H.264 video, use the ALL-I option. No need for nitrate increasement.

Levas

I've moved to the 1.1.6 today and i'm missing some resolution options in the MLV recording menu.
It goes from 1600 pixels wide to 1920 pixels wide.
I would like to get the 1728 and 1792 pixels wide options back in the 6d build, they were there before, or at least in the 1.1.3 build.
Can somebody get these options back in a new nightly build ?

Walter Schulz

Movie tab -> RAW video (MLV) ->  Q
Use upper wheel to change resolution in 32 pixel increments.

Levas

Thanks Walter!

Didn't know about that option to change it with 32 pixel increments.
Works perfect  :D

tigerbengal2009

Hi everybody, I just wanted to share my experience, I bought a used canon 6d which was already on latest canon 1.1.7 firmware, after posting question in this forum with the great help of Chris_overseas, Walter Schulz and other members I download the firmware 1.1.6 and did the downgrade without any problem, then installed magic lantern and using it....very excited to have all these ML features in my canon camera!!!

n3

Quote from: tigerbengal2009 on November 13, 2016, 09:47:01 PM
Hi everybody, I just wanted to share my experience, I bought a used canon 6d which was already on latest canon 1.1.7 firmware, after posting question in this forum with the great help of Chris_overseas, Walter Schulz and other members I download the firmware 1.1.6 and did the downgrade without any problem, then installed magic lantern and using it....very excited to have all these ML features in my canon camera!!!
Hey, I have the same problem and it would be great, if you can tell me what you have done to downgrade to 1.1.6. On the webpage of pelican the firmware 1.1.6 is not availible and I don't know how EOScard can help.

Walter Schulz

Quote from: n3 on November 14, 2016, 02:48:35 PM
On the webpage of pelican the firmware 1.1.6 is not availible

Sorry? http://pel.hu/eoscard/

chris_overseas

EOS R5 1.1.0 | Canon 16-35mm f4.0L | Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 | Canon 70-200mm f2.8L IS II | Canon 100-400mm f4.5-5.6L II | Canon 800mm f5.6L | Canon 100mm f2.8L macro | Sigma 14mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art | Yongnuo YN600EX-RT II

Walter Schulz

Thanks for pointing out. Use this one instead
http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/2/0400001772/01/eos6d-v116-win.zip

Just got a message from pelican. He fixed the link. Thanks!

cobreros

Thank you very much.
Now I've the 1.1.6 firmware version

tigerbengal2009

UnsUwe

I'm new here and my english is not very well. So I'm sorry for that.
I wanted to test ML for my 6D.
I loaded it on my SD-card and installed it an my 6D.
The installation worked and boot-flag was set.
But after starting the cam it doesn't work.
Nothing changes. Still the original Canon-Firmware is loading.

Walter Schulz

Top of page -> User Guide -> Install Guide/FAQ

SimonW

Hello,
i am new on this forum. and hoping to find some answers.
i have the following problem whit my camera. when connecting through USB it will not recognize the camera in Eos utility.
and i have a strange Firmware on the camera. 5.8.6 7D (f1). and i have the Factory menu

is there someone who have fixed this problem? if not i have to sent it back to canon.

it's bought second hand. whit 30.000 shutters Clicks and is function pretty good. the old owner never used the USB cable and dit not know that the camera was in factory mode.

hope someone can help me whit this problem.

Regards Simon

pilzyang

Hi, I tried installing magic lantern onto my 6D but it didn't work because my camera's firmware was 1.1.7

What can I do to make magic lantern work on my 6d?

Digicate

I also downgraded from 1.1.7 to 1.1.6. If you can't find the 1.1.6 firmware, use the filename from the link on the Canon site and change the version number and paste into a search engine.
Install process is exactly the same. If running from sd card the camera will say it is upgrading from 1.1.7 to 1.1.6.
I can't claim this works in every downgrade scenario. Some firmware may potentially not be suitable to roll back.
In my case I had actually upgraded to 1.1.7 before checking the nightly build page to realise I shouldn't upgrade the Canon firmware. So I thought that it would be worth trying the roll-back.
I have magic lantern running okay.
I am watching a storm and hoping to photograph a lightning bolt.

erkkim

Has someone installed ML on 6D which has firmware 1.1.7. Does it work or do you really have to downgrade to firmware 1.1.6.

Levas

You need firmware 1.1.6.
It's still available on the canon website from Canada.
You can download the firmware and run it as a firmware update in camera

Grimschank

Hello Everyone,

This morning I tried to use the GHOST OVERLAY feature in ML and it has seemed to have stopped working. I use it all the time to do time lapses.

I removed Magic Lantern, formated card, reset camera, updated ML to a newer nightly build (whatever I was running was a few months old), reinstalled ML and after pushing LV on an image it will show it desaturate and say "OVERLAY SAVED." But no overlay.

Any advice would be awesome, I use this feature for work.

Thanks,
Chris

PS I have 1.1.6 on camera

Walter Schulz

Overlay works in ML LV screen only. Press INFO button to switch screens.

Levas

For those of you that didn't know...
10 bit and 12 bit raw recording is now available on 6d, with working live view  :D

10 or 12 bit gives lower data stream which makes it possible to have longer recording times or use higher resolutions with the same recording time as before in 14 bit.
For example:
1728 x 724 resolution (1:2.39 aspect ratio) x 25 frames per second in 10 bit should give continuous recording
1728 x 972 resolution (16:9 aspect ration) x 25 frames per second in 10 bit gives about 20 seconds recording time

See this post including the download link:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5601.msg176940#msg176940

Direct link to the builds:
https://bitbucket.org/daniel_fort/magic-lantern/downloads

Happy testing  ;)

keepersdungeon

Quote from: Levas on December 24, 2016, 10:47:56 AM
For those of you that didn't know...
10 bit and 12 bit raw recording is now available on 6d, with working live view  :D

10 or 12 bit gives lower data stream which makes it possible to have longer recording times or use higher resolutions with the same recording time as before in 14 bit.
For example:
1728 x 724 resolution (1:2.39 aspect ratio) x 25 frames per second in 10 bit should give continuous recording
1728 x 972 resolution (16:9 aspect ration) x 25 frames per second in 10 bit gives about 20 seconds recording time

See this post including the download link:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5601.msg176949#msg176949

Direct link to the builds:
https://bitbucket.org/daniel_fort/magic-lantern/downloads

Happy testing  ;)
Great been a while haven't checked the progress on this. Thanks for the update!

Levas

Resolution setting is a little different compared to older builds.
in the raw video settings menu you can choose resolution, as you will see there aren't many options in the resolution menu anymore.
But you can finetune resolution by using the scroll wheel on top of your 6d, the resolution is adjustable in steps of 32 pixels.

hypethat

I cant find 1.1.6 on any canon sites any more, has someone got a link?