Canon 6D

Started by Maqs, May 01, 2015, 09:56:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario_DSLR

Hey. I have a Canon 6D with firmware 1.1.6 . I installed according to the instructions for ML 1.1.6 . The installation completed successfully , but the Magic Lantern does not work as it should. When shooting does not display the function ML . It shows only the menu by pressing the trash can and that's it . Any idea? :(

Walter Schulz

Delete Autoexec.bin and ML directory from card and copy extracted nightly build content to card. Retry and report.

maxelereque

Hello I installed on my canon 6D MAL 1.1.6 and I feel the same as Mario_DSLR

Walter Schulz

Photo mode M. Startup cam. Use wheel (the on on top) to toggle screens. Report back, please.

simone_73

Me too.
Installed Firmware 6D116, but not work.
Into my sd card not exist autoexec.bin
Simone

Walter Schulz

If there is no autoexec.bin it is not our fault ...
It's included in the zip file you downloaded ...

meowmeow

Hi there,
I recently bought a 6D and I just found out that there's no Tv mode while in video mode. I'd like to set the shutter speed to 1/50 and let the camera do the rest. I know that the 5d mark 3 has that ability. Apparently you can either have full control over the camera while filming or none. Nothing in between. Does anyone know if Magic Latern will change that?

I hope you understand me. English is not my first language

maxelereque

Hi I uninstalled and have returned has installed ML and can not see the raw histogram vivo.Por please someone can tell me I'm wrong or I have to set the camera to lograrlo.Tengo to say that several days ago I installed this version magiclantern- Nightly.2016Aug15.6D116 and seeing that he could not see the histogram I left and it then several days I downloaded the current version there magiclantern-Nightly.2016Aug24.6D116 and installed it and if I appeared as the histogram and the strange thing is that the next day no longer appeared to me and I get no longer do so after uninstalling and reinstalling several veces.Gracias and hope your ayuda.Saludos

vorob

Hi,

Still no way to capture true 1080p raw? Only 21:9 crop variant?

Jokemeister

Unless you own an EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM lens, I can't see any reason whatsoever to download and install Canon firmware version 1.1.7. In fact, ML may not be compatible.

ViewsFromThe6D

Hi,

I've been using ML on my 6D over the past year and have noticed that when I look at the DNG files or the processed MOV files, they are significantly cropped.

A varying amount of the frame is lost depending on what lens being used. My Zeiss 85 ZE.2 loses a small/moderate amount of the frame. My Canon-adapted Nikkor 35mm and 50mm lose MUCH more of the frame. I wish I could give more exact numbers but I really don't know how to tell how much of the frame EXACTLY is being lost or why this is happening.

Does anyone have any info on WHY this is happening or HOW to fix it? Thanks so much.

ZephyrStar

Hey folks-

Have a 6D with firmware 1.1.3 that I need to update to 1.1.6, but for the life of me I cannot find an official Canon download link. Seems like Canon is really wanting people to adopt 1.1.7. I managed to find a zip file on another site, but I'm being very cautious about throwing that on my camera. Can anyone confirm the checksums of the real file, so I can be sure of what I have? What I have is:

File: 6D000116.FIR
20.3 MB (21,325,152 bytes)
CRC-32: 5c4c81d1
MD4: 54f6a3cc61b4d16d741d1e7cede79edb
MD5: ccce3d6b0234b06a9b1ce645ad7c8bb2
SHA-1: 38ddeecc3b4cd2aaacdeda062b00bef77ea28b55

EDIT: I was able to find the file on Canon Canada's site and can confirm that the checksums above are correct for the firmware file.
Hope this saves anyone the trouble!

http://www.canon.ca/InetDD/downloadDisclaimer.htm?contrl=disclaimer&contentid=0400177202&URL=http://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDQwMDAwMTc3MjAx&cmp=ACY&lang=EN&LANGUAGE=ENG&Products=2200993&sessionid=null

cobreros

Hi, I want to install ML on my canon 6D, but I've an old firmware 1.1.4 and now I can't download the 1.1.6.
I contact coustomer care and they told me that 1.1.6 and 1.1.7 are the same.
Can I try to install ML on 1.1.7 firmware?
Have someone try this?
When the comunity will test the new firmware?
Thank you.

Walter Schulz

Top of page -> Downloads -> Download nightly builds -> 6D.116 and follow instructions.

guye

tigerbengal2009

Hi guys, I just purchased a used canon 6d, the guy I bought from told me he just upgraded the firmware from 1.1.3 to the latest one 1.1.7, I just realized that magic lantern only works on firmware 1.1.6, the firmware can be found on canon Canada.
My question is : has someone downgraded his camera from 1.1.7 to 1.1.6 succesfully? or should I wait until Magic lantern upgrade the tool to support 1.1.7, I have read that some guys downgraded firmware on the canon 5d mIII, but so far I haven't found someone talking about canon 6d

Al

Walter Schulz

Canon has blocked firmware downgrade in cam for 5D3 running fw1.3.3. And now guess why you haven't heard about troubles downgrading with 6D ...

tigerbengal2009

Thanks for your response Walter.....damn, I have to wait for a long time before  ML team upgrade the software to work with fm 1.1.7.

Walter Schulz

And exactly why do you have to wait before using ML?

keepersdungeon

Quote from: tigerbengal2009 on October 19, 2016, 05:24:56 AM
Thanks for your response Walter.....damn, I have to wait for a long time before  ML team upgrade the software to work with fm 1.1.7.
I might have firmware 1.1.6 backed up on my pc. I'll let you know tonight if I still have it

Walter Schulz

You don't have to look:
All you need is covered by pelican
http://pel.hu/eoscard

keepersdungeon

Quote from: Walter Schulz on October 19, 2016, 09:27:55 AM
You don't have to look:
All you need is covered by pelican
http://pel.hu/eoscard
Or that! :)  thanks Walter

zanderxhou

Hello, am new to ML.  In the case of ML corrupting the camera, is it simple enough to just reformat the card and reboot the original 1.1.6, or am I supposed to backup some files somehow?

The FAQ suggests:
As a precaution, the installer asks you to make a backup copy of your ROM files on the PC.

Thanks,
Zander

Walter Schulz

There is no guarantee ML installation will *not* brick your cam permanently and unrecoverable.

DrAcX

I recently upgraded my 6D from stock 1.1.3 to 1.1.6 and installed ML.
However I cannot find any setting to change the video recording bitrate which I recall existed on my T3i with ML.
I would like to lower the bitrate so my recording files don't get so large so quickly.
Does this setting no longer exist?