Canon 6D

Started by Maqs, May 01, 2015, 09:56:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RIDE WITH CORE

Anyone out there know this answer. Canon 6D magic lantern is not showing any audio controls in the upper main menu. The microphone that shows all audio controls doesn't existopn both of my formatted cards. Everything else works. latest build with the correct firmware. SHOOT Tomorrow HELP!
Firmware 1.1.6 nightly build jan 14.6d116

falusi

same problem.
i cant control the microphone level.

Kathode-Ray

https://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/features

No audio-features on 6D (yet), use the Canon menu instead.

Quote from: RIDE WITH CORE on March 02, 2016, 03:16:31 AM
Anyone out there know this answer. Canon 6D magic lantern is not showing any audio controls in the upper main menu. The microphone that shows all audio controls doesn't existopn both of my formatted cards. Everything else works. latest build with the correct firmware. SHOOT Tomorrow HELP!
Firmware 1.1.6 nightly build jan 14.6d116

Quote from: falusi on March 02, 2016, 09:06:39 PM
same problem.
i cant control the microphone level.
6DmkII | M50 | M || AT-X 16-28 | 24-70 2.8 VC | 24-105 4.0L | 70-200 4.0L IS || 35 2.0 IS | 45 1.8 VC | 100 2.0 | 135 2.0 || 11-22 | 18-55 | 55-200 | 22 | 28 Macro || Metz 58 AF-2 | Røde Videomic Pro

RTI

Yep, no audio controls during recording is a real bummer on 6D. Unfortunately I had to downgrade my 5D3 to a 6D. And some of missing features are driving me nuts :S. Ofc not ML related. ML makes this cam half decent.

P.S.
Don't hit me too hard, is the menu exiting by itself a known reported issue for 6D?
Canon 5DIII| Sigma 35/1.4|T 24-70/2.8 VC| Tamron 70-200/2.8 VC USD

simonm

Quoteis the menu exiting by itself a known reported issue for 6D?

Mine does it too -- I thought it was an intentional timeout.

It's my first posting here, incidentally: I've just started experimenting with ML on my own 6D. To say it transforms the camera's usefulness, especially for video, is an understatement. So much to learn, but I'll put in the effort as it's obviously worth it.

Very grateful for all the hard work that's gone into this. Reverse engineering Canon's F/W is not for the faint-hearted, and this, frankly, is quite superb.

My own interests are occasional 360 (immersive) panoramas using Hugin (Panotools) and occasional documentary making. It's going to change my workflow, undoubtedly, but the results will be worth it.

Thanks people - really appreciated here.

S.

grassetoni

Hello anyone know how can i modificate the audio in Magiclantern with canon 6D

trojannemo

Hi guys,

I must be blind, but is there a list of features on the 6D build of ML?
I'm interested in starting to do AFMA tuning for my lenses and I saw somewhere that ML can run dottune and get AFMA values automagically?
Is that really a working feature?
6D | 14 f/2.8 | 16-35 f/4L IS | 40 f/2.8 | 50 f/1.4 | 100 f/2.8 Macro | 70-200 f/4L IS | 150-600 C | 1.4x III
X-E2S | 18-55 f/2.8-4 OIS | 35 f/2

Walter Schulz

@grassetoni:
See top of page -> Downloads -> Download Nightly Builds -> Features. Not that much audio options in ML. Use Canon menu.

@trojannemo:
See top of page -> Downloads -> Download Nightly Builds -> Features. Some features are implemented as Modules and have to be activated in Modules tab first.

simonm

[mods - if this is in the wrong place, please move it and accept my apologies!]

This is only my second post - please be gentle, as it's not really a Magic Lantern thing, but I've Googled a lot, and accurate info is VERY hard to find. If anyone has done tests or knows the answer definitively it will likely be an ML user, so please indulge me...

Questions:
1. Does the 6D embed timecode in its HDMI output under any circumstances?
2. Does the 6D emit record start/stop pulses over HDMI?

Reasons for asking
I'm seriously considering a Tascam under-camera recorder/mixer, either the DR-70D or the DR-701D.

Speaking as an ex-broadcast professional of many years, both appear to have really poor software (stupid menu structure, etc.) and are physically fragile, but they are cheap, and seem to have reasonable audio specs (for semi-domestic kit). I want them for one-man-band interview recording mostly, where they'll do just fine, as long as I'm patient and gentle.

The important difference between the two for me seems to be in the timecode handling. The more expensive unit has HDMI pass-through and a BNC for LTC, allowing it to jam-sync (input only, sadly). Apparently it will also detect the record start from some Canon DSLRs (emitted over HDMI). Tascam support the 5DIII and 1D as emitting both jam-sync-able timecode and start/stop over HDMI, but are silent about the 6D.

I can't possibly afford to upgrade to a 5DIII, and anyway I quite like my 6D (for stills, at least!). I knew it had limitations, but it's comfy to hold and it's great to get back to full-frame DoF after years with APS.

I go back to the days when real film -- the funny stuff you could look through, with holes down the edges -- was the weapon of choice for TV news, and I used to dub films and video for TV ("rerecording" if you live West of the pond). So clapperboards (or even just hand claps in vision) don't frighten me, but they are a nuisance when working single-handed (and in post, later on). Both Tascam mixer/recorders will fire an audio slate tone towards the recording and the camera's audio tracks simultaneously on a button push, so sync is possible that way, but it's functionally worse than a handclap - you'd have to find the leading edge of the tone on both recordings, and retain the camera's audio track in post, just in case.

So, if anyone knows the answers on the 6Ds behaviour, please say.

Many thanks.

S.

PS: last time I asked Canon UK a simple technical question they were basically rude and unhelpful, so I haven't emailed them this time. It's not laziness - I'm happy to do so, but on past experience I don't think it's worth the effort. I like the kit, but find the company rather frustrating.

feureau

I've been playing with h264.ini and basically I have no idea what I'm doing, even after reading this thread. lol so, I was wondering, what do y'all people use for your h264.ini?

Thanks

Jey

Thank you for the 1st april joke (in the source code).

Impossible to work with our 6D...

https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/issues/2490/stop-error-screen

Walter Schulz

If you can read source code you know what to do to avoid this one ...

vertigopix

Download the nightly from march 31 !  ;-)

user0597

Walter Schulz

Nope. You have to use build March, 19th, 2015 (or older).

Jey

I can't read source code.

My girlfriend can't change firmware where she is.

Walter Schulz

No rebuild necessary.
I will tell how to solve the riddle: Tomorrow.

takhrai

If i'm clicking at magnifying glass while i'm recording, it hangs up.

Walter Schulz

Build used? MLV/RAW or H.264 recording? Does error happen after single press (5x) or double (10x)?

RTI

was the 3x magnified recording facebook post also a 1st april joke? I was also very happy seeing the BSOD 1st april "joke" :)
Canon 5DIII| Sigma 35/1.4|T 24-70/2.8 VC| Tamron 70-200/2.8 VC USD

takhrai

QuoteBuild used? MLV/RAW or H.264 recording? Does error happen after single press (5x) or double (10x)?

Latest build I think, will check when i'm at home.
RAW_REC mode.
What I can remember, it appear in both view (5x & 10x) Liveview is freezing
First time nothing happened, when I was shutting down camera, the liveview is still there (freezed pic) and when I started it, it says "Busy" but nothing happens. After 10 minutes or something like that ML Video Mode wasn't active, so I had to start it again (RAW_REC) Was curious if it was one time thing, so i tested it again.
Second time, it also died with same symptoms, i couldn't do anything and the video was freezing in liveview, so i took out the battery and restarted the camera. Had to reactivate RAW_REC.

Note:
Magnifying glass is working when i'm not recording but when i'm trying to use it while i'm recording it freezes/hangs up.

chris88

I'm currently struggling getting the RAW Histogram to work.

Cam Settings:
- Image Quality: RAW only
- Image review: Hold
- ML Histogram Settings: RAW-based (RGB), ETTR hint, Log scaling, Clip warning

Now there are three scenarios:

1) Live View
Here the RAW Histogram works

2) View recorded images (Play Button)
Here the histogram is not a RAW histogram. It is based on the JPG preview and the Picture Style settings

3) Quick Image Review after taking a picture
Here I would expect that the same result as in LiveView is displayed. But this is not the case. This also seems not to be a RAW histogram. It is even worse. It seems like I'm getting a clipping warning way earlier, even before the JPG image goes into clipping. So e.g. I get a clipping warning in the QuickReview after taking the picture, and when I then hit the play button to view the picture the histogram has plenty of room to the right?!

I would have expected that at leat scenario 1 and 3 would show the exact same result, so that it would be possible to judge the RAW histogram without going into live view every time. If scenario 2 is also capable of displaying RAW data, I don't know. But as I have said, at least in the QuickReview I would like to see the real RAW histogram.

Any suggestions?

Best regards,
Chris

a1ex

Screenshots?

Posting the raw images may also help (for example, a CR2 and a DNG silent picture from LiveView).

Audionut

Does the quick review histogram show the ETTR hint?

Everything works fine here.

peterkovac

Hello,

I have quasten, is possible to have autofocus via Magiclantern on my Canon 6d ?

Thanks for your answer