Canon 6D

Started by Maqs, May 01, 2015, 09:56:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Schulz

Format a blank card in cam, copy Canon's firmware file to it, run firmware update with Canon's firmware.
Delete ML-card's ML directory and *.fir and autoexec.bin and copy extracted nightly build contents to card. Startup cam with ML-card inserted. Done.

oleg1959

Hello.
Somebody tried Advanced Intervalometer?

Levas

I've used the intervalometer. Works perfect.

oleg1959

Thanks for the answer.
Whether the module (adv_int.mo) downloaded from reference (https://bitbucket.org/dmilligan/magic-lantern/downloads/adv_int.mo) for a cam 6D will work? Confuses me that for different cameras at night builds there is the set of modules, not the absolutely identical.

Walter Schulz

?
Which nightly build (for which cam) contains a different set of modules?

Levas

I never loaded/used a module for intervalometer.
I'm using the standard magic lantern intervalometer, which is available in the 'shoot' menu.

Walter Schulz

dmilligan

I wrote the module in question. Thread here: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=8431.0

It extends the ML intervalometer with additional features, mainly having to do with ramping exposure parameters during the intervalometer sequence. It is probably not something that everyone would need, so I created it as an add-on module rather than submitting it to be part of the ML core. Therefore, this module is not included in nightly builds, it is distributed separately (which was the original intent of modules anyway). It should work with the nightly builds, but the only way for you to find out if it works is to:
Quote from: Walter Schulz on December 04, 2015, 04:30:46 PM
Give it a try.

If you have a specific problem with the module, it is probably better to post it in thread for this module (linked above).

DeafEyeJedi

I use the Advance Intervalometer module on all my cameras and works fine. Go ahead and give it a try @oleg1959!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

széna

Hi,
I have Sandisk ultra 80MB/s card in my 6D.
I can record only 5 sec in 1728x972 resolution.
Can me help somebody why is it?

THX!
-széna

keepersdungeon

Quote from: széna on December 04, 2015, 08:17:00 PM
Hi,
I have Sandisk ultra 80MB/s card in my 6D.
I can record only 5 sec in 1728x972 resolution.
Can me help somebody why is it?

THX!
-széna
6D can support max around 45 mb/s write speed.  It's normal to get only 5 sec if u want more u need to lower ur resolution.

TomInJax

I think I just bricked my Canon 6D.

Here is the steps that I did:

1. I updated my camera firmware (Canon) from 1.1.4 to 1.1.6.  Sucessful
2. I removed the Canon update from my SD card and put the ML files on it.
3. I ran the ML update and it finally said to restart my camera.
4. I removed the card, moved the ML files to my laptop machine. 
5. I then replaced the SD card and turned my camera on.
6. Nothing happens.  It seems very dead. 

Is there hope?  Or is my camera "bricked"?   :-[

HELP! 

Walter Schulz

Remove battery at once!

Second:
Either format the card in cardreader and run without ML
or
copy extracted nightly build contents to card and run ML.

Top of page -> User Guide -> Install Guide -> Very important

TomInJax

Ok, I found out what actually fixed the issue. 

It seems that a full reset is needed before it would do anything.  By removing the battery for 30 seconds and restarting with ML SD Card back into the camera, I was able to "un-brick" the camera.  Once the card with Magic Lantern was run and the camera was reset, the camera operated normally.  Normally means that the Camera would start with or without an SD card.   

I hope that this is something that can help others with the same issue.

Thank you.

dsjstc

Heard that ML has motion detection, so I installed the Nov 15 nightly on my 6D.  Everything works except frame-difference motion detection.

EDIT: Created an issue for this bug.
https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/issues/2418/frame-difference-motion-detection-always

BenBrillante

Hi all,

I just switch to the 1.1.6 with the last Nightbuild (on a 6D of course).
It works pretty good so far EXCEPT about a small but major issue concerning the headphone audio playback thru the SESCOM cable...

Until here, when I connected the USB, ML told me that a headphone was connected and I was able to heard the audio.
Now, when I connect the USB, the screen is turning black like I connect the HDMI cable for a external LCD screen.

I understand that this release of ML don't really need an audio menu but the possibiliy to have the palyback thru the USB IS THE BASIC FEATURE I need like a lot of people !

Do somebody can help me about it ?

Cheers

skyflame

I reported this in the bitbucket but i also like to share my experience with you guys here.

The nightlys for the 116 do not work well for me. I made one project and i had some struggles. Now switched back to 113 for my next project and things work way smother there.

The RecPicStyle only works at the secont take in the 116 bulds. At 113 it never failed me so far. If you shoot with cinestyle, wich makes your movies way more usable, this is important.

Even if raw is not a strenght of the 6D i can shoot up to 1344 continuous on 113. At the 116 builds the fun stops at 1280. So again the older build fit my needs better.

I know i can only speak for me but at this point the 116 is not usable. I would love to see stuff like the follow focus (arrows) be fixed but in the 116 there are more problems than solutions at this point.

ultimatemarker

Hi all, recently went from my 5d mk2 to a 6d, I was wonder where the audio menu is for ML on 6d.
Back on my 5d mk2 I had heaps more options in my audio tab, like audio gain. But all the 6d 1.1.6 has is just MLV on and off.
Cool if it's not available on 6d just wanted to know if I did something wrong.

Walter Schulz

Top of page -> Downloads -> Download Nightly Builds -> Features -> Audio

ultimatemarker

Ah I see thanks, but it seems like the 6d doesn't have audio gain yet.

keepersdungeon

Quote from: ultimatemarker on December 21, 2015, 12:30:38 PM
Ah I see thanks, but it seems like the 6d doesn't have audio gain yet.
U can find that I think in the main Canon menu if I remember well

ultimatemarker

Quote from: keepersdungeon on December 21, 2015, 12:32:41 PM
U can find that I think in the main Canon menu if I remember well

Thank you, I just realized there is an option in the menu when I turned it to video mode.
Hmm I think I prefer the ML audio menu :(

6D

Anyone gotten the focus check box to work? Loved this feature on my t3i, can't get it to work here.

Pronin

I noticed that audio recording sporadically becomes disabled when trying to record a regular h.264 video with RAW video (MLV) turned OFF while mlv_rec & mlv_snd are OK / loaded. Has been happening with the latest 3 builds, including "2015-12-20" one. Restarting a camera doesn't always help leaving only one option for recording H.264 with sound by bypassing ML loading upon camera start up.

KelvinK

Quote from: Pronin on December 26, 2015, 07:35:37 PM
I noticed that audio recording sporadically becomes disabled when trying to record a regular h.264 video with RAW video (MLV) turned OFF while mlv_rec & mlv_snd are OK / loaded. Has been happening with the latest 3 builds, including "2015-12-20" one. Restarting a camera doesn't always help leaving only one option for recording H.264 with sound by bypassing ML loading upon camera start up.

This issue presents in older builds as well (113). Sound records with MLRAW, but not with H.264 when ML_SND module is loaded.
6D - 5D - NEX - M50!