Canon 6D

Started by Maqs, May 01, 2015, 09:56:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davidblumenfeld

Hi.

Just downloaded 6d firmware. Noticed there is no Audio - Is this correct, or did I miss it?  (I'm used to using ML of 5d MarkII...Thanks!

Walter Schulz

Audio is there but
Top of page -> Downloads -> Download nightly builds -> Features -> Audio section

Davidblumenfeld

I See. So we can see the meters, but can't adjust gain via ML, like in the 5d MII...is this correct?

Walter Schulz

Correct. Applies to all cams with DIGIC 5.

Levas

The 6d has standard build in option to manually set the gain in canon menu.
So in the canon audio menu, you can control gain manually.

ricky_005

I have seen videos on YouTube using focus stack bracketing and it will calculate the number of pics that will be take in the bracket based off your step setting between pictures. I have the latest build but it does not show this calculation. I am having to take the total steps in the bracket, than divided the number of steps between pictures to get number so I can input the number of pic's to be taken.

What am I doing something wrong here, or is this calculation not available on the 6D?

djkraq

Has anyone been able to use focus peaking while recording in RAW?  Seems like I can't make this happen...

Walter Schulz

No overlays at all or just focus peaking?
None: Movie tab -> RAW video (MLV) -> Global Draw ON

Walter Schulz

@ricky_005: You're still with us?

djkraq

Thank you for your quick response.  Just Focus Peaking.  Wow.  I'm usually hanging out on the FL Studio Forums.  My first love is music production.  Anywho, I leave Clear Overlays "Off" and turn on "Global Draws".  It seems that it comes and goes randomly, but for the most part, it goes.  I have to toggle Live View On and Off to bring it back sometimes.  It is not very consistent.

széna

Hi All,
I need some help please.

1, I updated my canon factory firmware from 1.13 to 1.1.6
2, I Formated the SD card and copied the 3 pieces of ML 116 file
3, I updated canon factory firmware 1.1.6 to ML 116

It's wrote - It's DONE - please restart... etc...

I restarted but there is the canon menu again! No any ML menu only changed the SD slot red led flash in every 5-10 second...

What is the problem?

Thank you!
-széna

Walter Schulz

Press trashcan button after startup.

széna

... :)

THX!

OK, I'm a beginer - I think it's a really useful information for beginers. It should to write the end of the install info maybe... :)

Thank you again Walter!

Walter Schulz

FAQ + Install Guide. See top of page.

széna

Hello again... :)

No RAW video option in my video menu. What I do wrong?
SD card is sandisk ultra 32 mb/s 80mb/s - is it enought?

THX!
-széna

keepersdungeon

Quote from: széna on November 28, 2015, 07:18:59 PM
Hello again... :)

No RAW video option in my video menu. What I do wrong?
SD card is sandisk ultra 32 mb/s 80mb/s - is it enought?

THX!
-széna
Activate the module mlv_rec in modules then restart the cam.  Make sure u activate the mlv_play for playback

Pronin

Audio track (recorded with in camera mic) gets out of sync with video quite often on 6D when Use SRM Job Memory & Extra Hacks are enabled for MLV RAW recording.
Anyone else noticing this behavior?

Levas

Only thing I notice is that the audiotrack is slightly longer then the video track.
But if you trim of the end of the audio to match videolength it's perfectly in sync.

Pronin

In my case it's worse - last seconds of audio track play in the beginning with the "actual" audio beginning somewhere in the middle of the video clip.

dmilligan

Upload a sample MLV file that exhibits the problem.

Pronin

Uploaded a 27 seconds long clip in both MLV (825MB) and MOV (373MB) formats that conveys the out of sync issue really well.
Counting duration seconds:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzDJkyUbS4xgR2RJZ0hscWtmVk0&usp=sharing

Levas

Ah the audio is messed up. Been there...
Depends on your software choice for MLV.
Mlrawviewer messes up my sound.
I'm using mlv_dump on OSX, this gives normal wav files.

Pronin

Levas, thanks for the tip. It's the mlrawviewer in deed that is at fault. I tried RawFlow (http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=13338.0) for the same MLV file, and it extracted the audio with no out-of-sync issue.

Eyuris

Just asking since i am still a little unsure how I should go about it.

I installed magic lantern a long time back on my 6D with the 1.1.3 firmware.

But how do I update the firmware and magic lantern?

Sorry if it have been asked before.