Canon 6D

Started by Maqs, May 01, 2015, 09:56:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marsu42

Quote from: Levas on September 26, 2015, 01:15:01 AM
The 6d has the ALL-i option in canon menu, 90mbit/s all-i h264 compression.

To add another random comments: You have to give it to Canon, adding a 90mb/s video mode to a cam equipped with a 20mb/s card interface and a very small buffer nominates them for the "most useless specs" award :->

Levas

90MBit/s not 90MB/s...
Different things, 8 times different
90MBit/s = 11MB/s
Easy to handle for a 20MB/s card interface...and the 6d has even a 40MB/s card interface :)

Nothing wrong with 90Mbit/s h264 video
Most HD camcorders around only use 24Mbit/s H264

For reference, the panasonic GH4 use 100Mbit/s H264 for 4k recording.
So canon uses almost the same bitrate for HD, you do the math if 90 Mbit/s is enough for HD ;)

v2lek

I have a question.

6D with firmware version 1.1.6 and ML version Nightly.2015Aug18.6D116

Apart from few bugs like ML menu going off by itself everything seems to work.

However, what I cannot figure out is why the card led keeps flashing.

can be seen at this YT link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsxIcOdN_hg

Timing of the blinking varies a little also, so I dont know what to think.
Googling around only suggest that it happens when FW version is not correct - but in that case the installation would hang, as I understand.

Any ideas ?

oleg1959

I install the last firmware (magiclantern-Nightly.2015Aug18.6D116) and didn't find the "silent picture" function. It isn't present now?

KelvinK

@V2lek random LED flashing on 6D is common thing/bug.
6D - 5D - NEX - M50!

Marsu42

Quote from: oleg1959 on September 28, 2015, 03:35:57 PM
I install the last firmware (magiclantern-Nightly.2015Aug18.6D116) and didn't find the "silent picture" function. It isn't present now?

You did venture to enable the "silent" module :-> ?

Quote from: Levas on September 26, 2015, 10:02:53 PM
90MBit/s not 90MB/s...
Different things, 8 times different
90MBit/s = 11MB/s
Easy to handle for a 20MB/s card interface...and the 6d has even a 40MB/s card interface :)

Right, thanks for correcting me, mean of you to use strange denominations lime MBit/s for the simple people over here :-p ... and sorry everyone for spreading wrong information.

It was because my card did block when using all-i frames, but in hindsight that was when it was nearly full and probably badly fragmented - so in these cases it probably pays to have a card spec'ed far beyond the interface limit so it'll keep the speed until the very end.

oleg1959

Quote from: Marsu42 on September 30, 2015, 10:01:37 AM
You did venture to enable the "silent" module :-> ?

Why such question?

Walter Schulz

Looks like a hint to solve your problem. Why not answering his question?

oleg1959

Sorry, my English is very bad.
I only start studying ML. The "hi-res silent picture" function caused interest to me. Marsu42 say to me that this function is dangerous. It is interesting to me, why.

Walter Schulz

? Can't see anything in Marsu42's post about danger. In his last post he asked if you enabled "Silent.mo".

vertigopix

No danger here, i use it on my 6D !  8)

Levas

Using ML is always dangerous  :P
Always be prepared to take out the battery if things go weird 8)

But seriously, I'm using ML for two years now and only did the battery removement thing a few times.
I'll take time lapses with silent pictures and leave the camera for a few hours...it didn't catch fire, so I'll think it's reasonable stable.

oleg1959

beduinnn

Hello. I am new and do not know the English language because I support a google translate. Before you translate and read the whole thread about the body 6d I ask a few questions. I now have the camera 6d fimware 1.1.6., I'm going to shoot ML independent films / feature:
1. Is the ML 1.1.6 there is any problem with the audio via mini-jack input?
2. Are there any problems on video recording?
3. Should, however, return to fimware 1.1.3, if so, please detailed instructions, maybe there is a video on youtube with the instructions step by step how to proceed?
4. What should be the minimum speed of the card in writing, or 30 MB / s is enough?
5 Is there a link to the video on youtube how to set maximum parameters in the ML (manual) to get the best quality panoramic image?

::)

KelvinK

for maximum record time you need at least 40-45MB/s cards, it's a max write on 6d
6D - 5D - NEX - M50!

beduinnn

Thank you for answering question- remaining 4 are only 4 questions :) Thank you in advance for your answer :)  :D

Kathode-Ray

Hi,

I think I may have found a bug.

I can't get the Arrow/SET shortcuts selection to work during movie recording. It works in live-view, but as soon as I hit record I can't change the selection anymore with the AF points button. The arrow itself works fine.

SET button is not assigned in Canon menu.

Could anyone confirm this, before I enter a bug report? Thanks in advance!

Ray
6DmkII | M50 | M || AT-X 16-28 | 24-70 2.8 VC | 24-105 4.0L | 70-200 4.0L IS || 35 2.0 IS | 45 1.8 VC | 100 2.0 | 135 2.0 || 11-22 | 18-55 | 55-200 | 22 | 28 Macro || Metz 58 AF-2 | Røde Videomic Pro

tmiacci

I have a new 6d and an older, the old recording over 30 minutes is no more than 51 degrees, but the new camera reached 60 degrees with 30 minutes to Magic lantern which could be?

Jey

pointbob, did you find any information to obtain better quality in video mode?

I'm looking for decrease compression & increase quality, without use RAW.
The movie quality on the 6D is very poor. :(
Moire is horrible. Video compression is too high.

Please, do you have information to setup a good compression?
Thanks.

Jey

I'm looked during hours to find any info about increase bitrate/quality in the 6D.

I found the bitrate control was deleted in ML's menu (because it's crashing the 6D).

But, I don't find any other information. I was thinking it's possible to create a h264.ini with good configuration in this file, but I don't found any information.

Please, do you know if it's possible ? If yes, how?

Thanks a lot.

keepersdungeon

Quote from: Jey on October 19, 2015, 09:30:07 PM
pointbob, did you find any information to obtain better quality in video mode?

I'm looking for decrease compression & increase quality, without use RAW.
The movie quality on the 6D is very poor. :(
Moire is horrible. Video compression is too high.

Please, do you have information to setup a good compression?
Thanks.

The moire for the 6d is normal, the only way to remove it is with a filter that u put on ur censor. Try to google it.
For h.264 u can use the All-I (low compression) that's the best u can have with it. Or just use raw from ML.

keepersdungeon

Hello, was using intervalometer with 5 second exposure (no AETTR) and a 7 second interval and faced a lot of bugs, for instant if I was taking one and stopped it by going to the menu and starting it again the cam goes crazy sometimes it Adds lots of noise and freezes or it will starts counting the 7 seconds after the image is taken not when the shutter is pressed. Is that something known or due to the new migration to 1.1.6. Thanks

Walter Schulz

"Long exposure noise reduction" at work by any chance?

keepersdungeon

Quote from: Walter Schulz on October 26, 2015, 07:50:45 PM
"Long exposure noise reduction" at work by any chance?
No it was off, sorry forgot to mention it.

Walter Schulz

I don't have a 6D at hand. Maybe others want trying to reproduce your issue.
And/or you want to check latest 1.1.3 nightly after downgrading.