Canon 6D

Started by Maqs, May 01, 2015, 09:56:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giocomai

Hi there!
I understand there are no audio features currently available in the nightly builds of Magic Lantern for the Canon 6D. Is there any suggestion about how to get them until they become fully available in the nightly builds?
Install the "new-sound-system" branch? Any other options, besides the "wait and hope"?

thanks!

Marsu42

Quote from: giocomai on July 17, 2015, 10:02:36 PMAny other options, besides the "wait and hope"?

The nss branch currently doesn't even merge, there's a conflict in mlv_sound and the collisions are such that I personally cannot figure out what is vanilla-updated or nss. If you look at the commits, it's safe to say w/o new dev resources you're in for a longer wait: https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/branch/new-sound-system

Quote from: giocomai on July 17, 2015, 10:02:36 PM
Any other options, besides the "wait and hope"?

Other than that specific mlv module, I can offer to share my personal 6d build with nss on a 100% absolutely strictly "no warranty at all" and "no questions asked ever" basis if forum policy allows for it.

The build works fine for me and Maqs somewhat tested a merged build, too - that's why my idea is to merge the nss branch at least as a 6d compile-time feature so it goes straight to nightly as the lack of audio is such a severe drawback.

Marsu42

Ok, here you go if you want/need audio: UNSUPPORTED 6D NSS TEST RELEASE

1. Download official 6d nightly, unpack & install: https://builds.magiclantern.fm/
2. Delete /ML/modules/ directory to be on the safe side
3. Download my 6d nss build, unpack & overwrite: link removed
4. Smell the sensor burning :-p

This has been built with the latest gcc 4.9 and launchpad's libc_nano library, so I would advise against mixing these binaries with others with the stock toolchain. Don't expect me to update this regularly, if at all. I didn't test video, and it contains an older mlv_play module from the nss branch since I was unable to merge trunk to it. But stills shooting is just fine for me, and you can even listen to mp3 audio with your 6d now :-)

Joe Shmo

I have downloaded 1.1.6 and updated firmware on two of my 6D's - and then put ML 1.1.6 onto the SD. However, I cannot install it once it's on the SD card - the Menu is the same that came with the Canon. I reformatted a 32 gig and 16 gig SD and neither will Install the ML - although the 1.1.6 is on the card - and the firmware is updated. Please help - I can't install?  I am a bit confused about all the talk about "downgrading to 1.1.3 - when it appears 1.1.6 is the latest version."  Thanks much - going to Paris tomorrow - so I'm in a bit of a hurry.

Walter Schulz

Top of page -> User Guide -> FAQ

riccalisci

Hi there,
i update canon firmware from 1.1.3 to 1.1.6 and magic lantern too.
I have problem with features "FPS override". Sometimes the live view screen becomes all (sometimes partially) white.
To solve the problem, i should turn off the camera.
You know how to fix it?

thank you!!

abergon

Since I upgraded to Firmware 1.1.6, I notice that the GPS Power Save feature of ML behaves slightly differently. With 1.1.3, Power Save kept the GPS active as long as the 6D was switched on, and deactivated it when switched off. Now with 1.1.6, Power Save will deactivate the GPS whenever the 6D goes to sleep mode, even if it is on. As a result, each time the 6D is reawakened, the GPS has to look for the position again, resulting in loss of information due to the time it takes to make a fix.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is the change intentional and may we ask for reversal to the previous behaviour?

KelvinK

Quote from: riccalisci on July 24, 2015, 08:22:06 PM
Hi there,
i update canon firmware from 1.1.3 to 1.1.6 and magic lantern too.
I have problem with features "FPS override". Sometimes the live view screen becomes all (sometimes partially) white.
To solve the problem, i should turn off the camera.
You know how to fix it?

thank you!!

It's "normal"  casual behavior how it works on 6D, same with 113. Just press zoom button to get normal look.
6D - 5D - NEX - M50!

riccalisci

Quote from: KelvinK on July 30, 2015, 11:44:00 AM
It's "normal"  casual behavior how it works on 6D, same with 113. Just press zoom button to get normal look.

thank you very much KelvinK!

Bekks

I don't have a audio Menu. Is this the way it is with the 6D?
I'm not sure if my external mic is used by the camera. Kinda sounds the same as the internal... How can I prove it?
Is there a way to level the audio manually without going into the canon menu?
Thanks

Levthon

can you record sound using mlvrec raw video with the latest nightly build? also can someone whos expriemtning with raw video tell me, if its possible to make at least 7 minutes raw footage without any hickups in the ML? thanks

keepersdungeon

Quote from: Levthon on August 05, 2015, 11:56:51 PM
can you record sound using mlvrec raw video with the latest nightly build? also can someone whos expriemtning with raw video tell me, if its possible to make at least 7 minutes raw footage without any hickups in the ML? thanks
For longer recording U need to lower the resolution

Levthon

i want to know whats the highest continues recording raw video time(and with what resolution) with sound on 6D . i want to record straight footage until my card is full  (128gb)

SuperMouseDV

Update on corrupt SD cards. It seems my problem lies in PNY memory. But now a bigger issue has cropped up. The recovery of these Sd cards use to be a snap with OS X up to Yosemite now with El Captain they totally revamped disk utility and it won't even fix the cards now. Had to locate an older Mac mini to fix the corrupt card. (One click on Repair) I will update as Apple keeps updating their software that is in public beta.

keepersdungeon

Quote from: Levthon on August 06, 2015, 10:07:27 AM
i want to know whats the highest continues recording raw video time(and with what resolution) with sound on 6D . i want to record straight footage until my card is full  (128gb)
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6215.0
Try 1500x640

Levas

1280x720 resolution in combination with 24/25 frames per second is about the max resolution for continuous shooting.

JanKocbek

My 64gb card has gone awry and demands format, in camera and in Windows. 32GB works as it should. I format it or what? It has/had Magic Lantern on it and I'm not sure how to wisely reinstall.

Walter Schulz

Format card in cam, copy extracted nightly build contents to card and run firmware update.

SuperMouseDV

Jankocbek do you need the data on the card?

JanKocbek

Thank you, i wasn't sure about the bootflag. Supermouse, thankfully no.

Levthon

Does anyone have a solution for jaggy edges (moire) in raw video? is it possible to make it less visible in after effects?

keepersdungeon

Quote from: Levthon on August 12, 2015, 04:59:37 PM
Does anyone have a solution for jaggy edges (moire) in raw video? is it possible to make it less visible in after effects?
It's not just in raw mode. U can try with raw therapee but no matter what u do there will always be visible.(well u can take that part on a single frame and track ur video, but that doesn't work in all cases)  so U need to avoid this by taking less sharp footages while shooting or get a filter for moire that u put over ur censor or crop mode. Gd luck

Walter Schulz

Avoiding would be possible, too:
- VAF in non-crop mode
- Crop mode

Levthon

keepersdungeon