Canon 6D

Started by Maqs, May 01, 2015, 09:56:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lory

Do I understand it correctly that custom focus patterns are not available for Canon EOS 6D? This would really be a pity!
Thanks
Lory

dmilligan

Lory

Thank you, will try NightBuilds!

350D

Still experiencing this issue with 1.1.6 build  :-\

3zawi

Hi
why i can,t find audio options in ml in 6d
i need it  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
i was have ml in 60d
I can fairest my choices in audio and can enter  headset and hear the sound
But here I can,t find these options
So why??????
I want a solution please  :'( :'( :'(

thedvsmonkey

It did that before ML installed in both 1.1.3 and 1.1.6. Again, no big deal.

golanster

hi
i have been with the 60D with ml and i just love the audio controls there.
i cant find it in my 6d, any idea how to incorporate that in?

Maqs

Current state: there are (almost) no audio features implemented.

Nightly ML for the 6D has almost NO audio support yet (with audio meters being an exception, see feature page), however there's a new-sound-system branch that fully supports 6D.116 and can help bringing more audio features to the camera. I only helped implementing here what I could test, so at least playback (e.g. beeps), recording and input source selection are supported. In theory, as the audio ic is the same as in the 5D3, everything available for the 5D3 should become available as well, as long as it uses the new-sound-system API (g3gg0: correct me if I'm wrong). The new sound system is still under development and not in the nightly yet.

I don't use the camera for filming, which is why I don't have any audio equipment to test the more advanced features. Therefore those features are not on my to-do list. As you can hopefully understand, I don't want to make code or binaries available to the masses that are not tested extensively, since I don't want to risk being responsible for bricked cameras.

Of course, anybody willing to contribute to ML is very welcome. You can be the one to change this.  ;)

golanster

thanks maqs
hopefully the new sound system will arrive soon.
the only help i can offer is donations...
no codeing skills

raphaeloo

Just noticed that H264.ini was included in this nightly build. Could anyone explain more about this setting? Does it work with normal recording, or MLV RAW? Does it actually improve the quality of footage? (e.g decrease compression & increase quality). It seems to be a lack of information in regards to this setting.

Many thanks!

otekki

Overall, is it safe to say magic lantern is working as well as it did on 1.1.3? No major issues or anything? Is there any need to downgrade firmware anymore?
Canon 6D / 24-105mm L / 50mm 1.8
Video Producer.

nikonja

My question also, and as I see most of the problems are video related and I really rarely use camera for video. So is there any photo related issues?

toursbrun

Hi,

I have a Canon 6d and used magic lantern previously and worked great. I updated to 1.1.6 and downloaded the latest build, and now I'm getting the error message "movie stopped automatically" or It stops after a few seconds.

Forums said it was the card so I got a 280 mb/s card and still having the same issue.

ML worked on this camera before... what can I do to fix this?

nikonja

It was and still is happening to me on my old T3i/600d, bought faster card and it was slightly better. Without ML all was ok.

keepersdungeon

Quote from: toursbrun on July 07, 2015, 02:12:51 PM
Hi,

I have a Canon 6d and used magic lantern previously and worked great. I updated to 1.1.6 and downloaded the latest build, and now I'm getting the error message "movie stopped automatically" or It stops after a few seconds.

Forums said it was the card so I got a 280 mb/s card and still having the same issue.

ML worked on this camera before... what can I do to fix this?

Sorry to tell u but 280mb/s is kinda useless for the 6d, the cam can only rec at 40mb/s or 45 max.
If u're recording in raw it's normal the recoding stops after few seconds, it u want more time u need to lower ur resolution or disable raw recording and use H.264

Walter Schulz

@nikonja: H.264 recording with 600D will require 6 MByte/s write rate. You're mixing apples and oranges.
@toursbrunn: If it is a Sandisk it will have quite mediocre performance in UHS-I mode. Write rate in this mode will be about 46 MByte/s which is about half the performance UHS-I is able to deliver. Other UHS-II cards will do better but max out at about 90 MByte/s (give or take) in UHS-I mode.
Bottleneck when used in 6D is still SD card interface in cam. As keepersdungeon wrote.

nikonja

But I had that problem when I did normal movie record not raw. After I removed ML all was ok, and than i put it back and same problem is back.

keepersdungeon

Quote from: nikonja on July 07, 2015, 02:32:34 PM
But I had that problem when I did normal movie record not raw. After I removed ML all was ok, and than i put it back and same problem is back.
Did u disable raw/mlv recording module?

nikonja

I don't think so, will try when I get back home.

keepersdungeon

Anyone faced these problems b4?
1-Some times if u were taking a video and u switch to photos and try to focus the cam says it's busy and doesn't focus until u turn it off and on.
2- while in video mode, and the LCD screen dim light goes down, the brightness won't come back up no matter what u do, also need to turn off and on

Thanks

KelvinK

The "busy" bug seems to be common from builds starting from May. It started from 113 builds. Random thing, sometimes it can work fine for hours, sometime it says "busy" and you have to turn camera off. This is a bug, has nothing with "busy" message when buffer is written to card.
6D - 5D - NEX - M50!

keepersdungeon

Quote from: KelvinK on July 14, 2015, 09:15:59 AM
The "busy" bug seems to be common from builds starting from May. It started from 113 builds. Random thing, sometimes it can work fine for hours, sometime it says "busy" and you have to turn camera off. This is a bug, has nothing with "busy" message when buffer is written to card.
Oh ok,  it never happened to me b4. Thanks for ur reply

Marsu42

Quote from: keepersdungeon on July 14, 2015, 12:32:32 AM
Anyone faced these problems b4?

I don't do the video thing and thus haven't encountered these before. One question though: Is this with vanilla Canon h264 video, or with h264 and ML tweaks, or with a custom ML raw video module?

In any case, imho good thing 6d.116 is merged and there's more widespread testing - with the multitude of configs and use scenarios out there it's virtually impossible to finalize some beta build only through a handful of daring testers compiling it themselves or grabbing it of  a buried forum thread.

keepersdungeon

Quote from: Marsu42 on July 16, 2015, 01:56:42 PM
I don't do the video thing and thus haven't encountered these before. One question though: Is this with vanilla Canon h264 video, or with h264 and ML tweaks, or with a custom ML raw video module?

In any case, imho good thing 6d.116 is merged and there's more widespread testing - with the multitude of configs and use scenarios out there it's virtually impossible to finalize some beta build only through a handful of daring testers compiling it themselves or grabbing it of  a buried forum thread.
Was using MLV

willryan42

Apologies if this bug has been discussed previously, but I just upgraded from a T3i to a 6D and don't recall this happening on my old camera.

When I half press the shutter to meter (in M mode), the light meter shows for a split second and then is covered up by the bottom bar in ML view (the one with shot settings, battery level, etc.).

Not sure if this is a known bug or not but I figured I'd shoot it out there!