Canon 6D

Started by Maqs, May 01, 2015, 09:56:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

l_d_allan

According to the Canon webpage having the firmware update, it appears that the Micro AF settings can be zeroed:

http://usa.canon.com/cusa/professional/products/professional_cameras/digital_slr_cameras/eos_6d#DriversAndSoftware
> From Canon:
Please note:
If the firmware is updated from version 1.1.3 or before, the following setting will be reset to default.
Menu > Custom Function> C.Fn II: Autofocus > AF Microadjustment> 1: All by same amount

However, that doesn't seem to have happened with the lens now on the 6d ... settings were retained (whew).

And the Build June-19 seems happy with 1.1.6, but that's just after a minute or so of quick testing (smoke test?).

l_d_allan

Quote> 2.  Copy the following over to my SD card
     a. Autoexec.bin
     b. ML directory
     c. ML-6D116.FIR

Is there such a file as ML-6D116.FIR? I didn't notice it with the June-19 build. Unnecessary even if it does exist somewhere?

Audionut

Updated install instructions are in the OP and the download page.

Maqs

FYI: I updated my GPS Info module to support 6D.116 in addition to 6D.113.

kbeecher

Just wondering... does FPS Override work on this yet?

love Magic Lantern on my 6D but hate not being able to bump down to 1fps and focus when shooting astrophotography like on my t2i...

KelvinK

116 users: any problems with using 3d party batteries? I read somewhere canon totally blocked to use it.
6D - 5D - NEX - M50!

keepersdungeon

I tried two different 3rd party batteries and no prob so far. Didn't even get the msg that most talked about.

nikonja

No problems from my side also.

grey

What about sound in this version of ML?

Walter Schulz

Walter Schulz

Was meant as an answer to grey. New sound system still in development.

kbeecher

kbeecher

gotcha. thanks. so im guessing the original coding is for the 5d3?

Walter Schulz

Grey asked about porting ML from 6D.113 to 6D.116, I'm sure.
ML's origin is 5D2 with roots to CHDK.

Maqs

Quote from: grey on June 25, 2015, 06:21:32 PM
What about sound in this version of ML?

For sound in the nightly, we need to wait for new-sound-system to be merged. Otherwise you'd have to compile a version by hand and merge in the new-sound-system branch. Maybe you can find somebody who's willing to share his/her compiled version every now and then.

leandroprz

No problems here with the third party batteries I was using with 1.1.3.

luppes777

I'm using two Minadax third party batteries (beside the original one) and have no problems so far @firmware 1.1.6

alyas

Hello, I'm new to the ML. I have 6D and I'm looking for the Audio menu in 6D ML but there isn't one.
I'm trying to use Audio from USB port without getting black screen when connecting USB connector.
Any ideas?

thedvsmonkey

I tried using 2 different after market batteries, one I don't even know the manufacturer, the other is a Wasabi . . . neither one of them are recognized and each gives me a different message when I power up:

Unknown - "Cannot communicate with battery, Use this battery?"

Wasabi - "Communication with Canon LP-E6/LP-E6N battery is irregular.  Continue to use this battery?"

They power the camera if I choose to continue but I'm not sure how correct the battery percentages are.  I'll stick with the original OEM Canon batteries just to be safe.

nikonja

Mine are two Patona batteries and no problem whatsoever. I almost bought Wasabi, good thing I didn't ☺

Maqs

Quote from: thedvsmonkey on June 27, 2015, 07:36:26 AM
I tried using 2 different after market batteries, one I don't even know the manufacturer, the other is a Wasabi . . . neither one of them are recognized and each gives me a different message when I power up:

Unknown - "Cannot communicate with battery, Use this battery?"

Wasabi - "Communication with Canon LP-E6/LP-E6N battery is irregular.  Continue to use this battery?"

They power the camera if I choose to continue but I'm not sure how correct the battery percentages are.  I'll stick with the original OEM Canon batteries just to be safe.

I have the same warning every first time I start the camera after inserting the battery, but I can choose "yes" and the camera works just fine. I don't think that there's any further impact.

thedvsmonkey

Yes, I agree.  I choose yes/continue and the camera works just fine.  I would just be wary of the percentage left.  I use the Canon batteries first then keep the other two for "just in case" scenarios.

nikonja

That warning started after you instaled ML or it was there also before?