Lexar 64 gb 1000x Cf on ebay - is it fake ?

Started by invader, April 28, 2015, 06:13:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

invader

Hey there,

im searching for good cf card for ml and also general use like still shots.
At first, i was buying komputerbay card but there are many reports like corrupted files,bad durability etc for them.. And also i don't have many chances for test it or return it and try another because i live in Turkey. So i ended up with lexar and find this ;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexar-64GB-CompactFlash-Professional-1000x-UDMA-CF-Pro-Memory-Card-Brand-New-/221709980615?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item339ef1d3c7

it's US $79.99 at ebay and $349.99 at amazon. And also at that page it's says;
Write Speed   
Up to 60 MB/s
Up to 30 MB/s for full HD video
Shouldn't it be higher ? I guess that is a fake card with a lexar sticker. Is anyone buy from that seller it says 46 sold. Should i go with komputerbay ?

Any advice will be appreciated,thank you.

gojko

Hi!
I'm a new here.
I bought a Lexar professional 32GB 1000x Compact Flash

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121609507265

But i have a problem. I mesure a 60-70MB/s on windows computer, but just a 26-27MB/s on my 5D Mark II with ML. What do you think this card is a fake or my 5D not good? Can you help me?
Thanks
Gojko

Walter Schulz

Build date?
Mode used? Try photo mode and press Play button soon after starting benchmark.
Benchmark will write a file BENCHx.PPM to card's root. Convert it to JPEG, upload it (Imgur, Picload or else) and link it here.

gojko

Thanks for your fast answer!

The build: 2015apr28.5d2212

Walter Schulz

gojko

Thanks!

But why too slow? I cannot record in a MLV raw. What can i do? i need to buy other brand new card?

Thanks!
Gojko

Walter Schulz

You should press PLAY button after starting benchmark. That will show the result I want to know.

gojko

I pressed the play button. The header of test is same. Mode: PLAY-UNK LCD
What am I doing wrong. Sorry!
My cam"M" mode LV off got to ML menu in Benchmark Card R/W test start and after i press play buttom.

Thanks
Gojko

Walter Schulz

The mode of the benchmark you linked is PH-UNK LCD. The mode of the test you didn't link (and the one I want to see) is PLAY-UNK LCD.

Walter Schulz

I can't believe the same card is showing 60+ numbers with a Windows based benchmark program.
Delete card's ML directory and Autoexec.bin, download one of last year's ML build, extract files and copy them to card. Startup cam and redo test.
If Playback mode results are showing numbers close to the one you have now: It is surely a faked card.

gojko

This is the test on windows 8.1 usb 3.0 card reader

and older build

I think i will send back to this card.

Walter Schulz

Yes, this card is suspicious.
Numbers not a bit convincing.
And there should be a status line telling about manufacturer and controller type.

invader

i bought the card from that seller and here is the first test result.

Lexar 64gb 1000x w atto benchmark v2.47 usb 3.0 lexar card reader

sashk0

Definitely, the card you've bought was fake. I also bought the same one from another Chinese vendor - and it barely worked at 38mb/s write speed.
They are just cheating on their customers selling slow ones instead.