Ways to donate

Started by aluminumwelder, April 26, 2015, 04:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aluminumwelder

do you accept monetary donations via paypal or other method like kick starter?
I'd really love it if the new canon eos m3 coudl be used tethered to a pc!
Is it possible to donate a camera for testing?

Walter Schulz

Main problem: Too many cameras, not that much developers. As long situation goes on like that it is not that much likely devs will open up a new port. There are unmaintained/blindly maintained cam ports now.
So: If you want to have work done you may want to throw a developer in.

aluminumwelder

If i could program I'd gladly help as a developer, but I can't and learning takes too long. I'd rather just pay a developer to do it for me. As with many things in life money is a motivator. So if there is a developer reading this (preferrably located in USA) that thinks they can tether the EOS m3 I have a budget around $1000. go ahead and PM me.

I do think it would be nice to donate some money too. i'd seriously consider setting up a paypal or other donation scheme.

Walter Schulz

I failed to explain the main problem to you: There is work to be done on ports already existing. Why would a mere $1000 change that?

extremelypoorfilmaker

I DO want to do some proper testing on my 5D3.. But i fear the risk of losing it too much.. :( I had to sell my 6D and save up for 2 months before i was able to afford it, don't have the money to insure it right now and every penny squeezed out of my wages goes to finance my projects. Losing my camera would mean losing my EVERYTHING.

said so,

Once i will be able to buy a B camera (another 5D3 or the 6D) i WILL use that for some HEAVY TESTING! :)