5D mkII - Stupid enough to pop the card out before the LED stopped blinking...

Started by AnChris, April 26, 2015, 06:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnChris

...and sure enough the camera froze with the led blinking.

I took out the battery, unscrewed the lens and closed the card bay. Switched it on (without the battery) and then off again. Right after I put in a fresh battery, and a different non-ML CF, the camera worked fine. When I checked the corrupt ML CF card (Sandisk 16GB) on my computer, all the image files and default directories were there but everything ML related had disappeared. Including autoexec.* files, all dump files, everything but the default DCIM and MISC.

So I formatted the ML CF *on* the computer and then *on* the camera and then copied all the ML files on it. Now the camera will start up normally but there are no signs of ML whatsoever. Trash can button won't bring up the ML menu, red led won't flash for longer when shutting down and under firmware the value is 2.1.2. Everything else works fine, LiveView is ok, shutter, shooting modes, profiles, pretty much everything. It's as though ML never existed.

Should I try re installing ML through my cameras firmware update again? Is the camera in some sort of limbo state? Should I try and run a test from the diagnostic tools here on the forum?
I'm asking this question proactively and any input would be greatly appreciated.
Worth saying I have been using ML for a year or so with no problems at all and even now, after having messed up without safely removing the card, my camera works just fine.

Also first post, hello world.
Excuse my block of text

AnChris

re installed. works better than before.

Thank you and thanks a lot for the support!