Anyone help me out, Please?

Started by eraizgn, April 23, 2015, 01:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eraizgn

Ive just bought new equipment and want to record raw video with magic lantern. I have read and watched lots of things/videos about it but I am not sure understanding truely how I do it. So Could you let me know if I am missing something, step by step..

*Bootable 32GB SD card with Eosutility and copy magic lantern
*Update Canon firmware and install ML
*Adjust the raw settings and choose card 2 for recording raw which is 256GB 1060x
*Never pull out 32GB SD card from camera body? It doesnt work if I do?
*Every Switch On/Off I need to re-install ML?
*After Shooting a footage? May I remove scene that Ive just shooted?
*Open DCIM and drag into raw file to raw2dng and wait till make a squence?
*And how to make it to 2k or 4k videofile?
*Then import After Effects(16bit project file) Add some effects, editting and render it? Quicktime? h264? Cineform? or ProRess with cinec gold?

I have Canon Mark3, using Adobe After Effects and Windows7

I know there are lots of threads about it but didnt catch em all what I want to learn, so please help me out if I missing something

Walter Schulz

Top of page -> Downloads -> Browse Nightly Builds -> Select your camera -> Read instructions and follow them.
Top of page -> User Guide -> FAQ

eraizgn

Quote from: Walter Schulz on April 23, 2015, 01:53:41 PM
Top of page -> Downloads -> Browse Nightly Builds -> Select your camera -> Read instructions and follow them.
Top of page -> User Guide -> FAQ

Lots of post, It is general. My list is wrong? Keep going to my list

Walter Schulz

Nope, I won't do that. Be happy because usually I won't answer multi-posts.

Start, then ask upcoming questions.

eraizgn

Quote from: Walter Schulz on April 23, 2015, 02:34:31 PM
Nope, I won't do that. Be happy because usually I won't answer multi-posts.

Start, then ask upcoming questions.
Its easy question! My list is true or false?

Stedda

5D Mark III -- 7D   SOLD -- EOS M 22mm 18-55mm STM -- Fuji X-T1 18-55 F2.8-F4 & 35 F1.4
Canon Glass   100L F2.8 IS -- 70-200L F4 -- 135L F2 -- 85 F1.8 -- 17-40L --  40 F2.8 -- 35 F2 IS  Sigma Glass  120-300 F2.8 OS -- 50 F1.4 -- 85 F1.4  Tamron Glass   24-70 2.8 VC   600EX-RT X3

Walter Schulz

Audionut

Don't post duplicate questions, at best, it simply wastes the time of people here to help.

Learn to read opening posts in threads.
QuoteRaw recorders (mlv_rec, raw_rec) are just apps that run on top of Magic Lantern core, just like Auto ETTR, Arkanoid, Dot-Tune and many other modules. This thread is for issues specific to the 5D Mark III port (in particular, problems introduced in 1.2.3 that did not exist in 1.1.3).

Any messages about RAW/MLV from this thread will be deleted without notice.