Canon Mark III / Magic Lattern

Started by eraizgn, April 22, 2015, 08:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eraizgn

Hello everyone

Getting point immediately.. I have read and watched lots of post and videos..(Really lots of) And I am soo confused. I hope all you guys could help me out.

The things that I want to learn:

*Raw video and HDR video is the same?
*How to record raw video and edit with after effects
---

Ive just bought Camera, lens etc which are:

*DJI RONIN
*Mark III
*256GB 1000x CF card
*32GB SD card
*70-200 16-35 lens for canon
so I need to bootable sd card with eos and install magic latern? after install and adjustment the video raw settings.. I need to download a couple of things about jpeg to tga for video etc?
256GB 1000x card is enough raw for it?
I need to re-install every open/close camera? and What is the possibility of remove footage or scene that I have shooted wrongly? you know all frame are is picture right? how to remove a spesific part of that footage

After Shooting, I will drag into a program for make a video that raw files? and import it to After Effects and edit it? Am I wrong? or understand truely?

open new projects as a 16bit and drag raw video file add some effects and colour then render it? as a h264(300quality) ? or quicktime?(95qualityJpeg) or cineform?(filmscan2) or watched a few tutorial how to apple codec in windows

I will be apriciate for any clue or info thank you all & have a nice days

Ive been using windows7 ultimate and will edit with raw videos on it.

Walter Schulz

Quote from: eraizgn on April 22, 2015, 08:09:37 PM
*Raw video and HDR video is the same?

Not at all!
RAW is RAW. HDR is HDR (= alternate ISO settings for alternate frames).

Quote from: eraizgn on April 22, 2015, 08:09:37 PM
*How to record raw video and edit with after effects

Enable RAW_REC.mo or MLV_REC.mo, restart cam and adjust settings. Postprocessing -> Access postprocessing forums.

eraizgn

Quote from: Walter Schulz on April 22, 2015, 08:19:39 PM
Not at all!
RAW is RAW. HDR is HDR (= alternate ISO settings for alternate frames).

Enable RAW_REC.mo or MLV_REC.mo, restart cam and adjust settings. Postprocessing -> Access postprocessing forums.

Thank you for relpying, Ive checked the postprocessing threads but didnt find out what I am looking for..

I truely understand how to install and edit raw videofile in ae? or Am I wrong? :)
1- I need to do bootable 32GB sd card with eosutility and pull into to canon body and update firmware(install magic lantern) right?
2- Then choose card 2 which is 256gb 1060x CF for recording, right?
3- After shooting plug in a cart to windows PC and drag into raw file to any program which is turning a video file, right?
4-Import that video file to After Effects for editing and adding some effects and render it?, right?
any missing steps?

The questions are need to be asked:I am able to remove any scene that Ive just shooted from camera?(card?)
Never pull out 32gb magic lantern sd card from body? if I do, magic lantern doesnt work?
Every switch open/close situation that I need to install it again?