Music Video - Shot with 5DIII RAW and FS700 RAW

Started by auximausi, May 21, 2015, 01:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

auximausi

https://vimeo.com/128390337

The Band-Performance is entirely shot with 5DIII ML RAW.

The "Story"-Scenes are shot with Sony FS700 RAW due to slowmotion.

We used Walimex Pro Lenses (24,35,50,85).

We only had 1 week for shooting, cutting and grading. The result could've been better in some aspects, but its fine for the time we had.

Any thoughts =)? 

QuickHitRecord

Really, really good. Especially the high-concept "story" stuff. How long did you spend in pre-production for this?
5DmIII | January 27 2017 Nightly Build (Firmware: 1.23) | KomputerBay 256GB CF Cards (1066x & 1200x)

chmee

@auximausi (both videos you uploaded)
technically no critique - really good work. i like all story-telling-scenes as well - but these indoor studio-set recording - much to clean, much too boring-tv-standard. i m an oldschool metalhead, carcass, obituary, sepultura. i can feel the stomp and punch of the songs but i cant see it.. (ok, i dont like those melodic-singsang in the chori, but thats not the point. its 2015 and i hang in beginning-mid-90s) :)

regards chmee
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

auximausi

Quote from: QuickHitRecord on May 21, 2015, 05:29:52 AM
Really, really good. Especially the high-concept "story" stuff. How long did you spend in pre-production for this?

Thank you =) the pre-production was mostly done by the band. I think they started about 1 Month before filming.

Quote from: chmee on May 21, 2015, 12:01:18 PM
@auximausi (both videos you uploaded)
technically no critique - really good work. i like all story-telling-scenes as well - but these indoor studio-set recording - much to clean, much too boring-tv-standard. i m an oldschool metalhead, carcass, obituary, sepultura. i can feel the stomp and punch of the songs but i cant see it.. (ok, i dont like those melodic-singsang in the chori, but thats not the point. its 2015 and i hang in beginning-mid-90s) :)

regards chmee

Thank you aswell =)

yeah you're right with the indoor scenes, but the bands wanted that kind of style^^
And like you noticed, this is not "oldschool metal", more like Mainstream-Metal :D

i hope i can share more stuff soon, but i guess i will switch to another Camera (Blackmagic Ursa mini, when released).