Dual ISO required. Modules missing on 600D

Started by eighthoursbeind, April 16, 2015, 07:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eighthoursbeind

Hello,

I have spent the last few evenings trying to wort this problem out using my google skills.

I checked my firmware, formatted the correct SD card, downloaded the nightly build for my 500D and installed it. All available functions work perfectly.
My main reason for using ML was to access the dual ISO feature. I cannot work out how to add this module. The module tab is not showing at all.
*please* assist.

Kindest Regards,

Mark

Walter Schulz

Delete ML directory and Autoexec.bin, copy extracted nightly build contents to card. And browse tabs ...

eighthoursbeind

Thank you so much for your reply. The version that I currently have is the nightly build... Should I have initially downloaded something else? The nightly build is the only download showing on the ML site at the moment.

Again, thank you.

Walter Schulz

eighthoursbeind

Left tab is EXPO - what setting should be "0110"? Should I be able to be a M tab with dual ISO?

Thank you.

Walter Schulz

There is a tab icon showing 0110. And left of it is a sign resembling Windows icon. There is no "M".

eighthoursbeind

eighthoursbeind

I have no window icon. I installed the nightly build - do I need to load something else for the modules?

Walter Schulz

Delete ML directory, delete Autoexec.bin and copy extracted nightly build contents to card.

Yes, I wrote that before and you didn't follow this instruction because you are using an outdated build. There is no option "HDR Bracketing" in latest nightlies.

eighthoursbeind

With the *greatest* respect Walter - do you see my confusion? You suggest that I extract the nightly build contents to the card, but I am using the nightly build at the moment.

Walter Schulz

Go to Help/Info tab and read version info.

Walter Schulz

Delete ML directory, delete Autoexec.bin and copy extracted nightly build contents to card.

packshooter

I had had a very similar problem with my new 700D.

• After installing latest build of ML I saw the modules icon.
  • Then I navigated to the modules tab and load the silent.mo module for silent picture mode.
  • After rebooting the 700D the modules tab had disappeared.
Obviously the cause was the connection by USB cable to my computer for the LiveView.

Solution:

• Firstly turn on the camera - The modules tab appears in the ML menu.
  • Thereafter connect the camera by USB cable to the computer - The modules tab still is in the ML menu
Maybe this helps other users with similar problems of missing the modules tab in ML.