Filming a Pilot with a Canon T3i, with or w/o ML ?

Started by yamo6801, April 06, 2015, 05:25:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yamo6801

Hi im a rookie at this stage of filmaking, im going to film a program pilot for online web and or youtube. This pilot will be review by a possible producer. I decide to make the pilot wiht my T3i for budget purposes. I bougth 4 lavaliers mics, a 8 channel mixer with 4 mics input, a rig (shoulder), obviously a tripod and a good other components. ML will help at best with that ? or, Its gonna be the same with original firmware?

PS
IM a fast learner so keep in mind that when i get the guide and tips I will make it troguh.

Walter Schulz

Install ML. Enable zebras and focus peak. Try other overlays. (Top of page -> User Guide -> User Guide)
Decide if you want to do video with or without.
As a teaser "stable" ML v2.3 will do.

To take advantage of ML's newer developments: T3i is one of two cams with a two-step installation. Install "stable" v2.3. Then delete ML directory and Autoexec.bin and FIR from card, extract nightly build (Top of page -> Downloads -> Browse Nightly Builds) and copy contents to card.

RAW/MLV recording with T3i? Only very short clips (few seconds) in higher resolutions. Continuous recording in 960x540@24fps confirmed.

Datadogie

With the t3i. I would only use raw for fooling around with. OK for home stuff but for the rest get a 5d.
T3i and Kiss X4 (550d (T2i)) Tamron 18-200mm, Sigma 28-70mm f2.8 (need firmware upgrade) Olympus 50mm f1.8  Olympus 28mm f2.8 and Olympus 24mm f2.8
Fancier 370 tripod and LCD hinged loupe. DIY Slider and crane.

yamo6801

Thanks for the help. I didnt see the replies until today, i was wainting for an email to do so but i didnt receive any email, but thank you very much, I will use t3i until i get some profit from somwhere and then i will get the 5d asap. THANKS AGAIN !!!!!!