How to install ML on t3i/600d.

Started by libche, March 23, 2015, 09:58:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

libche

Hi,

I have been pulling my hair on finding a tutorial on how to install ML on t3i.
Lately the nighlty build says that the package cannot be installed as such and should install v2.3 and then replace the files.
What all files needs to be replaced ?

can't we just download the stable release from the website. I'm not sure if I'm missing something here. I had installed ML on my t3i 2 years back and the installation was a breez... Now it seems to be complicated.

Please help..

Walter Schulz

After v2.3 "stable" is up and running: Delete ML directory and Autoexec.bin and FIR. Copy extracted nightly contents to card.

berdar

Where can I find a copy of the stable 2.3 build?  I'm sure it's here on the site somewhere, I just can seem to find it.

Thanks

ToniX

hi,
same confusing situation here.  :-\ 
I couldn't follow the development of ML for my 600D since  2014...

I have the Nightly-2014 april21 600D
fd63cf05214  Mercurial changesest(unified)tip
[email protected]
Still installed on my camera

What should I do to update my camera to the latest ML ?

Do I have to simply install the latest Nightly build over it (using the usual replace files procedure),  or there are other steps that  should I perform?

P.S. Is it the 600D  dead? I searched the board but I couldn't find it anymore.  :-[ :'(

Thanks  :)
600D - EFs18-55 ISII

Walter Schulz

ToniX

thank you Walter Schulz

is it the "old" 2.3 mentioned in the NB page, is the "stable one" that you' re referring here?
600D - EFs18-55 ISII

LU72

There's also a recommended firmware from Canon that needs to be installed as well. Make sure that's the correct one before installing ML
600D (T3i), Vivitar Battery Grip, Sigma 17-70C, Canon 10-18 EF-S, Canon 1.8 50mm STM II, Sigma 70-300 APO, Speedlite 430 exII

Walter Schulz

Skip that.
ToniX has/had ML (an older nightly build) already running.

ToniX

Thanks guys, I have succesfully substituted my old nightly build ( usual procedure)   and it seem everything is working fine, at first glance.

I couldn't see much difference  ::) If it isn't too much, may I ask what major improvements since last year version?
600D - EFs18-55 ISII