LCD flickering (stops when I use camera without a ML sd card)

Started by defefdegfefded, April 01, 2015, 12:14:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

defefdegfefded

When I turned on my camera today the lcd was flickering wildly. It crashed twice while I was playing around with it, once going to a white screen with a line on it. I didn't want to experiment with it too much except, I did determine it wasn't the camera as I took the SD out and started the camera and everything was fine again. I've used magic lantern for over a year and half without any problems before this.. I installed a new nightly build about a week ago and last night I tried out the "silent picture module". I thought maybe that was the problem so I deactivated the "silent picture" module again and re-started the Camera. That didn't make any difference.

My camera is a T3i and my Firmware Version is 1.0.2 ( 3.8.3 ) .... I think... I pulled that from a log file on my SD card on laptop, I don't want to push my luck and run it on my camera any more.

Has this happened to anyone else? Anybody know what's going on here?

defefdegfefded

Hmmmm..

After watching the video, it's not quite the same issue, for him it flickers to white, for me it flickers to black, and is a bit more erratic. And in my case it crashes the camera.

chmee

ah ok. so i was too fast, thought its "only" the lcd-flickering. did you tried changing the date to 02.04.2015?
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

chmee

[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]