5D3 screen flicker

Started by tropicam, April 01, 2015, 11:14:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tropicam

I have been using ML RAW for some time and always happy with the results. Today while using, the screen began to flicker. This becomes prominent when making adjustments.
Even when no adjustments are made the screens flickers.
The nightly build I have been using was August 2014, so I tried the latest March 2015 build but also having the same result.
I have also tried using different SD cards with no success.  Luckily the flicker is not found in the recording. When I use the canon 1.2.3  I have no issues. Any thoughts??

ItsMeLenny

Has "HDR video" or "Dual ISO" been turned on?

tropicam

Walter Schulz

Delete Autoexec.bin and ML directory. Copy extracted nightly build contents (Aug. 2014) to card and retry.

marcsmith

Same "issue"...tried rolling back to previous build, disabled all modules...still flicker. Changed the date to yesterday, rebooted and the flicker stopped. Changed the date back to April Fools day, reboot, flicker returns. Change the date to tomorrow, reboot, flicker gone. So ha ha?? Not so funny.

tropicam

No change Walter. The flicker tends to happen when powering up the camera or an iris / shutter adjustment is made. Then it settles down after about 5 seconds. . . . .I just tried marcsmith's suggestion and it worked. Flicker GONE.

tropicam

Thank you marcsmith your suggestion worked for me too. I must be an APRIL FOOL! Thanks again.

marcsmith

Actually, it is pretty funny once you accept ML hasn't hosed your camera...managed to waste 15 minutes of my day LOL Well done!

poromaa

I wasted 2 hours last night (was going to shoot a timelapse - which didn't happen)  - I thought it was pretty funny though :)

WittyTexan

So is this confirmed April Fool?  Mine flickered, too.  But my screen periodically shutoff, too.  Only way get back on was to double tap whatever menu button I was in.  But that bumped me back out and sometimes before I navigated back to wherever I was, it shutoff again!

Assuming flicker is April Fool, that's funny.  Been freaked out all day that my camera was dying.  So you got me there.  Although wish it woulda been more clear.  Kinda feels I was just on an episode of Punk'd except Ashton Kutcher never popped out to tell it was a joke.

Still, screen shutting off made camera practically unusable.  Anyone else have this screen shutoff?

chmee

if you'd open the link inside the link above, you'd read "Un petit poisson d'avril".
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]