Previous topic - Next topic

AndrewAndrewAndrew

Hi guys I need you help.
today my canon eos 60d show this problem several times
http://m.imgur.com/BeHi1H9
How i can fix it?

Walter Schulz

Only today?
Have you tried to follow the procedure described in this message?

AndrewAndrewAndrew

Yes only today.
Now I'm gonna try the procedure described
I hope it works

Licaon_Kter

On my M1 I don't have the time to snap a picture of a calendar, not to mention that the (random?) "magic button" is...

AndrewAndrewAndrew

Damn the procedure doesn't work...

Walter Schulz

You're sure you have focussed correctly on today's date?

Kathode-Ray

It worked on my 6D!

But it had my adrenaline going for a brief moment this morning, ha ha!
6DmkII | M50 | M || AT-X 16-28 | 24-70 2.8 VC | 24-105 4.0L | 70-200 4.0L IS || 35 2.0 IS | 45 1.8 VC | 100 2.0 | 135 2.0 || 11-22 | 18-55 | 55-200 | 22 | 28 Macro || Metz 58 AF-2 | Røde Videomic Pro

josecarlosss

Hi i have the same problem few minutes ago ! Blue screen to my CANON 600D.

i have ML V2.3 and when i update to Nightly Builds i have the error msg
I try to find DIGIC Peacking but i cant ! when i turn on the camera i have that blue error msg !
and what is the meaning to : take a photo of a calendar ??

Have you a solution ?
Thanks in advance

ChadMuffin

Is this a prank? Apr 1st?? This only happened to me today. I recently downgraded on my 5D3 from 1.2.3 to 1.1.3, following to procedure of uninstalling ML, disabling bootflag, installing 1.1.3, then downloading the latest ML Building for 5D3 1.1.3. The procedure on screen seems weird and unprofessional from the norm. Take a pictures of today date, Apr 1st of course, press the magic button? The trash can button? Also, when it "crashes" it still runs in the background and when you open the battery door it turns off. Normal crashes don't turn off just by opening the battery door, you have to physically pull the battery out. If it is a prank, cool, but could have been something less frustrating, especially if someone was shooting a production today. Sorry to ruin the fun if so. heh

AndrewAndrewAndrew

I'm not sure,  is it a real prank?
so, josecaloss you can find DIGIC peaking on magic lantern menu> display > LV DIGIC peaking. If I'm not mistaken
--edit---
i hope tomorrow will works..
it is cuorious because yesterday worked perfeclty

pholler

It's a joke. I had it on my 5D3 as well. See:
https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/issue/2235/5dmk2-bricked-urgent-please

I just set my cameras date to April 2 and everything worked again.

ChadMuffin

reddeercity

I think this is in Very Poor Taste ! Not impressed At All .

Kharak

once you go raw you never go back

extremelypoorfilmaker

ahahahahahahaha :D SO GLAD it did not happen to me! :D Still, great prank!

The magic lanter DEVs are my Heros! :)

g3gg0

yeah sorry to the ones who got victim of that BSOD.
the flickering backlight was making some people upset, so we switched back to the uhm several years old BSOD prank...

Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

josecarlosss

Is that a joke?  Really??

I enable the DIGIC Peacking but the same blue screen again.

g3gg0

magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]

extremelypoorfilmaker

Can you imagine if windows did the same thing to EVERY PC on earth? xD

(of course every PC for leisure activity :)

g3gg0

windows does that on a regular basis with their update policy.

AndrewAndrewAndrew

josecarlosss

i dont think that it is a great idea! beacuse that ''errror'' could be the reason for technocal problems to our canons! turn on and turn off for 20 and 50 times today, 20 and 50 times unplag the battery to find why i have the blue screen,  is a reason for more problems to our equipment!

So its not funny at all !

g3gg0

so a warning to everyone being pranked yesterday:
you are not prepared for serious shooting with magic lantern, if this was a real problem to you.

why?
if you use ML for business make sure a failure, no matter if serious issues or not so serious (like yesterday) wont get you in trouble!
- take ML-free backup-cards with you
- make yourself confident with rescue procedures and how to temporary disable ML
- ML, especially "latest" versions can introduce troublesome behavior

yes, its cool that ML is being used in a lot of serious stuff. we really love that.
but we expect users to be prepared for the moment when ML is going nuts for some reason.
this day will come.

Kathode-Ray

I think it was a great prank, even though I fell for it :-)

The solution: just keep calm, read text in the blue screen, let your mind work for a few seconds and don't be frantic about it!
6DmkII | M50 | M || AT-X 16-28 | 24-70 2.8 VC | 24-105 4.0L | 70-200 4.0L IS || 35 2.0 IS | 45 1.8 VC | 100 2.0 | 135 2.0 || 11-22 | 18-55 | 55-200 | 22 | 28 Macro || Metz 58 AF-2 | Røde Videomic Pro

honza123

I have the same problem yesterday. Blue screen on my
Canon 600D with last nightly builds. I was worried, so I quickly downgraded the older Nightly builds :)
EOS 5D Mk.II