Canon 7D Bricked

Started by Bob Cook, April 01, 2015, 07:10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Cook

Hi,

Brand new member here after installing Magic Lantern today (1 April 2015). VERY impressed with the feature set. :)

After using and experimenting with the camera for several hours the camera 'blue screened'. And I thought this only happened with Windows software! (grin)

I notice that the battery level was down to around 15% and maybe that was the issue.

For the record, the error codes were:

*** STOP (98x000000aa, 8x1000af22, 8x ffff)

Hopefully, this is a battery issue. I have installed a fully charged battery now and so far so good.

On another note, I see that there is now a feature to monitor the audio whilst video recording. I have made up the adapter cable that goes from the RCA jacks to the  3.5 mm TRS jack for earphones and it works fine. However, when the Mini USB (Canon cable) plug is inserted in the camera the display stops. I assume this is the camera assuming that an external monitor has been connected. So, I hear the audio but can't see the video on the screen. Is this normal?

Regards,
Bob

a1ex

The error message should tell some things you can do about it. Did you try any of them? What was the result?

Bob Cook

Hi Alex,

There were some suggestions

1. Turn on DIGIC in live view. Did this. Error still occurred after this.
2. Can't remember now, but didn't make any sense at the time
3. Ditto

Regards,
Bob

Walter Schulz

Quote from: Bob Cook on April 01, 2015, 08:14:54 AM
2. Can't remember now, but didn't make any sense at the time

I'm pretty sure that - with time - you will get the message.