Lua Scripting (lua.mo)

Started by dmilligan, March 29, 2015, 04:44:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Schulz

You got a point (I missed that link) but kind of preaching to the choir.
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=25760.msg233723#msg233723
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=25785.0

Drop a note if you want participate in making this area a better place!

chris88

Just wanna let you know (because there is the request to "report back" on the experimental page) the issues I discovered on my Canon 6D with the latest LUA Fix build (2020-12-28 18:15)

- Junkie Mode can not be activated by pressing "MENU" button
- DualIso LUA Module is not running. I constantly get "ISOless PH err(3)"
- In image review settings, the Quick erase via SET+Erase only works when there is a "Action type" defined in "play mode actions". If "Action type" is set to OFF but Quick Erase is still set, the quick erase does not work

Best regards,
Chris

chris88

Just for the records how I as an Canon 6D V1.1.6 owner was able to enable the "Junkie Menu" and fixed the dual-iso error message:

Enable Junkie Menu
I added the following code line at the very end of the file /magic-lantern/platform/6D.116/features.h
#define FEATURE_JUNKIE_MENU

Fix the dual-iso error "ISOless PH err(3)"
I modified the following code lines in /magic-lantern/modules/dual_iso/dual_iso.c

Original:
FRAME_CMOS_ISO_START = 0x40452196; // CMOS register 0003 - for LiveView, ISO 100 (check in movie mode, not photo!)
PHOTO_CMOS_ISO_START = 0x40450E08; // CMOS register 0003 - for photo mode, ISO 100

Fixed:
FRAME_CMOS_ISO_START = 0x404e6196; // CMOS register 0003 - for LiveView, ISO 100 (check in movie mode, not photo!)
PHOTO_CMOS_ISO_START = 0x404e4e08; // CMOS register 0003 - for photo mode, ISO 100

Both things I found out by digging in the source code of different branches and searching through various forum threads. As always, everything you are doing, you are doing on your own risk. Don't blame me!

Ksanto

Hi chris,

thank you for your work, helped me alot. Can confirm that Junkie Menu now works on 6D and self compile from Lua branch. But I realised that when I apply your changes, Activating Lua  now does not add a Script Menu and let the camera crash occasionally. Did you experience the same or do you simply not use Lua Script? With the Lua Version from the downloadection Lua Scripts work, but of course not the Junkie Menu.

Regards
Ksanto