Canon 60D

Started by Audionut, March 16, 2015, 04:49:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Schulz

Manual page 278. Last line.

vincent79

tahen

Firmware details appears only in P/Tv/Av/M/B/C modes. In other modes it wont appear.

drbohlen

Currently the download page for the nightly's is down.  I guess they are re configuring it for something.  They aren't sure when its going to be back up.  I guess it depends on the volunteers.  But I guess its my bad luck, because I need to download ML for my 60D.  Would any of you who already have a recent or last stable nightly be able to send it to me?  Not sure the size of it, but it might be able to be emailed if its not too big.  Or google drive or something like that would work.

drbohlen

Marsu42

My good ol' 60d recently made a motor sound at shill shooting it definitely shouldn't make and then died ... well, it has 330k shutter cycles. Now it doesn't do anything when turned on and I wonder if anyone knows how to diag what's wrong with it.

Does "doesn't turn display on" mean it's completely dead, like damaged a circuit board? Or could have a broken shutter or shutter motor have the same effect'?

I'm asking b/c there are rather cheap parts available for the 60d from China (either just the shutter blades or the shutter assembly), and I wonder if trying to fix it with the help of a friend of mine is worth it. With a new shutter, the one moving part would be replaced, everything else is fine.

a1ex

What does the display test say?

If there's no sign of life, it's most likely a hardware issue. Probably it's best to check the fuses first.

GaryMan

My Vertion 2016-10-09 10:20
I loaded the Raw_Rec.mo Moduel for shooting raw and when I got my footage back it was all good. I took the RAW and converted it to a DNG. If I open it with Photoshoop and look at it there is nothing wrong I can color grade it fine and make it into a video.

The problem now is when I load it up into Davinci Resolv and look at the video it has these tiny random black dots. It looks like dead pixles. They are fixed in place and basically look like bits of dust on your monitor but it is acctualy the video.

All Information on the topic

Immage sequences are fine
Only Problem while in Davinci Resolv

I used a RAW to DNG Converter
http://www.phreekz.de/wordpress/2014/04/magiclantern-raw2cdng-1-5-0/

Picture of a frame from davinci resolv You can see the random black dots. (Also yes thats my food I was testing it)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jesjo05e6fg1kl8/Untitled_1.4.1.jpg?dl=0

CaptGreg

I'm running magiclantern-Nightly.2016Sep16.60D111.zip on a 60D.

Has anyone seen this?

The camera just started booting to the info screen on power-up.  Usually it presents a 'cleaning sensor' message.  No more.  All buttons are dead except for the shutter button.  The exposure and f-stop dials work.  One can take a picture.  It is stored on the SD Card.  The camera auto-focus function is dead.  The view finder focus points are absent.  One cannot view the picture, call up magic lantern by pressing DELETE, or access the Canon menu by pressing MENU.

Since the camera was fine until yesterday, something changed.  Do I have a broken (damaged) camera or a magic lantern S/W problem?

Nothing changed after removing the battery and card, followed by installing the battery only.  Same probem.

Walter Schulz

Remove battery, remove card.
Insert battery, do not insert card.
Startup cam and post results.

Theiamania

Hallo every body,
I can't install with ESO utility (last version) the Cinestyle or any other picture style on C (Camera) section but only on M (Manual).
I have last firmware 1.1.1 and Naughtly 2016Aug24

What is wrong?
Please help, thanks!

Theiamania

anybody is there :(
please help!

Walter Schulz

Sorry, not clear what the error is.

1. You were able to install a picture style.
2. It shows up in M mode but not in any other mode.
3. Does it work in photo/stills and movie mode?

Have you tried an older EOS Utility Version (v2.x)?

Theiamania

Hi Walter,
1 - I never had problem to install Picturestyle before.
2 - I don't have a old EOS utility version (maybe you?)
3 - With last EOS I can install Cinestyle (and any other desired picture style) only on M (manual). When I switch to Camera this set up is disabled.
So, When I fire up the camera on M (manual , EXPO,  I can see (or choose) : Picturestyle > Cinestyle... but if I switch to Camera mode, EXPO, I can see UserDef1...

Walter Schulz

Sorry, we have a communication problem.
There are different modes (for example P, M, Tv, Av, B, C (Camera User Setting), Movie)).
I have no idea what you are trying to tell me with "Camera mode" because I assume every mode available on your cam is a camera mode.

So please clarify *what* happens *where/when*.
Does the error occur without ML running, too?

Theiamania

Sorry Walter,
alex gave a link right to my very recent post... sorry everybody, maybe i seriously have to visit a doctor...  ::)

CaptGreg

60D boots into info menu at power up, all buttons dead except for shutter, aperture and exposure dial work, af dead, af pont display dead.

Nothing changed after removing the battery and card, followed by installing the battery only.  Same probem.

warnotte

CaptGreg: Perhaps it's totally no the same problem but I had an issue one time when doing stack focusing. Camera hang, and I had to remove battery. But when I restarted the camera, it behave strangely like also as you said no autofocus was working ans some other issues.

Then I find that pressing the joystick button in AF mode change the focus ... so the camera was setted by ML and has the camera hang (due to t° certainly), it doesn't restore the "normal parameters".

My solution was to go to canon menu and then use the "Clear all camera settings".

But if you cannot access canon menu, I really don't know how to help :(

CaptGreg

Yes, it would be sweet if the menu button worked.  I could then navigate to the reset menu and reset the camera.  That just might solve the problem.

I tried running the camera tethered over a USB cable to a computer using the 'gphoto2 library' program 'entangle'.  All read-back status info such as ISO, aperture, shutter speed, copyright, color temperature, etc worked.  Setting camera parameters failed.  The error message was 'PTP failed: camera busy'.

a1ex

What did you do before the crash?

Please send me a good copy of your ROM (in ML/LOGS on some old card) and a bad copy (delete ML/LOGS/ROM*.BIN, start the camera and let ML re-create these files). If the ROM files are not re-created when starting with a ML card, use this dumper.

ArtisanEco

I have loaded ML onto my 60D specifically to use the in camera intervalometer. All is working fine except I cannot activate the 'start after' function. I can set the number of seconds but it doesn't activate. The 'stop after', 'take a picture every' and 'start trigger all work'. Can anyone help?

OwenGuerin

I need some help!! My camera keeps saying "Incorrect firmware version. Expecting firmware version 1.1.1" I have 1.1.2. Will it not work with 1.1.2? And if it does still work, can you give me help with how to install it properly as I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly XD

Exo