Where is the Scripts menu?

Started by PalaDolphin, March 13, 2015, 07:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PalaDolphin

The first thing I am looking for in Magic Lantern is the Scripts menu.  I just installed it for the first time and would like to start developing scripts, but this menu is missing.  What do I have to do to get it back?  There's a 'scripts' folder that is populated.  Do I have to install a scripts module?

Walter Schulz

PalaDolphin

Okay, I have the Canon 650D.  Would you know which older build and how to find it?

Walter Schulz

I'm afraid you won't find a 650D version supporting PicoC. But I could be wrong (I'm not a developer). See in https://builds.magiclantern.fm/jenkins/job/650D.104/

quister

I too was dismayed to find that the Scripts menu is nowhere to be found on my 5D3. I now find myself with a need to execute a custom bracket sequence (a mix of aperture/shutter combos) and this would have been the only practical way to accomplish this task that I've so far found. Even have the script written, modified from the brack.c example. Just..  don't have any way to execute it.

I know that raw video has been a major focus for the project, and it's what drew me to ML in the first place, but if the amazing developers out there are listening, consider this one more vote to get scripting support back.

In the mean time, would anyone be able to point me to the last stable(ish) build for the 5D3 which had scripting support (if such a thing exists?)

Cheers!
Erik

eloml

Quote...  consider this one more vote to get scripting support back.

Me too!