Canon 5D Mark III / 5D3 / Firmware 1.1.3

Started by a1ex, March 10, 2015, 11:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nendomondo

Hello All,
first of all thank you dear developers who are working on ML.  You are doing great job.
I am another victim of firmware 1.3.6 on 5DMK3 . So I can not install ML on my 5dMK3.
any new progress or a way around about this?
either a way do downgrade to Firmware 1.2.3 or any upcoming ML version for 1.3.6.?
it's so painful to stuck in some point after I get excited so much about ML.  : ( Let's do What we can, there should be a way around.
Thanks All,

yourboylloyd

Quote from: nendomondo on April 13, 2020, 09:37:53 AM
Hello All,
first of all thank you dear developers who are working on ML.  You are doing great job.
I am another victim of firmware 1.3.6 on 5DMK3 . So I can not install ML on my 5dMK3.
any new progress or a way around about this?
either a way do downgrade to Firmware 1.2.3 or any upcoming ML version for 1.3.6.?
it's so painful to stuck in some point after I get excited so much about ML.  : ( Let's do What we can, there should be a way around.
Thanks All,

Someone figured it out on Twitter today apparently. https://twitter.com/LeVon73106368/status/1249274751178006529?s=19
Join the ML discord! https://discord.gg/H7h6rfq

mkiese

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and have never used magic lantern, so please be kind and understanding in your responses to me.

I have a 5D Mark III, and would love to be able to use it as a "A" camera for livestreaming.  All I need it to do is stay on in video mode without automatically turning off after 30 mins.  I don't even need it to record.  I just need it to stay on.

Yes, I have auto shutoff disabled.  yes, I have tried screen mirroring both on/off. 

It seems to be a built in feature for the mark III to shut itself off. 

I don't want to spend $150 on a power supply and still have the camera shut itself off.

Can Magic Lantern override the auto shutoff feature and keep the camera on in video mode?

Walter Schulz

Top of page -> Downloads -> Downloads (Drop down menu) -> Experiments -> Lua_fix builds.
After loading this build go to Prefs screen -> Powersave in LiveView -> 30-minute timer and disable it.

sarf4ever

Hi All,

I'm new here! Been trying to get 1.1.3 Firmware for 5D3. All links are down. I have downloaded the following from the link provided
magiclantern-Nightly.2018Jul03.5D3113

Does this have the firmware too? If not, can you please share the link? Thanks.

Update: I've found the dropbox link working. Downgraded the camera to 1.1.3 firmware. Installed ML.

You guys are amazing! Thanks a lot :-)
Sara

Wlad81

Is it necessary to buy a black Sandisk Extreme Pro 160 MB/s 128 GB CF over the golden one?

I'm a newbie on 5D Mk III. Which firmware could you advise me - for 1.1.3 or 1.2.3? Which one is more stable?
Canon EOS 5D Mk III + Canon 24-105 F/4 L IS USM + SanDisk Exreme Pro 64 GB (SD, ML Nightly.2021Feb07.5D3113) + SanDisk Extreme Pro 128 GB (CF).

Walter Schulz

Quote from: Wlad81 on July 07, 2020, 11:20:13 PM
Is it necessary to buy a black Sandisk Extreme Pro 160 MB/s 128 GB CF over the golden one?
No. Write rate for first one is just twice as fast than second. See https://www.cameramemoryspeed.com/reviews/cf-cards/
>145 MByte/s vs. <70 MByte/s in write mode.

Quote from: Wlad81 on July 07, 2020, 11:20:13 PM
I'm a newbie on 5D Mk III. Which firmware could you advise me - for 1.1.3 or 1.2.3? Which one is more stable?
Question answered in Top of page -> Downloads -> Download nightly builds -> 5D Mark III 1.2.3 -> Installation

Wlad81

Thank you.

I could hardly find a download link for 1.1.3 firmware, so here's my download link, it would be available for quite a long time:

https://yadi.sk/d/MTU2peM5Uz4ilQ
Canon EOS 5D Mk III + Canon 24-105 F/4 L IS USM + SanDisk Exreme Pro 64 GB (SD, ML Nightly.2021Feb07.5D3113) + SanDisk Extreme Pro 128 GB (CF).

Walter Schulz

Top of Page -> Downloads -> Download nightly builds -> 5D Mark III 1.1.3 -> Installation
Firmware is linked there. Same for all builds.
Additionally linked in section "Useful Links".

Wlad81

I think the only way to know if the black Sandisk Extreme Pro CF is that quick is to get the card and to try it by myself. UPD: to try on my 5D Mk III and using my own video plots.

By the way, I just can't understand if 5D Mk III supports lossless 10, 12 and 14 bit raw?

Walter Schulz

Don't know why you can't accept that Extreme Pro is well established by ML community as gold standard for reliability and speed. Expensive? Yes!

Wlad81

I have Silicon Power SDHC 8 GB flash (speed class 4). Can it be used for ML firmware with this camera?

Danne

Quote from: Wlad81 on July 09, 2020, 11:16:46 PM
I have Silicon Power SDHC 8 GB flash (speed class 4). Can it be used for ML firmware with this camera?
Do you own this camera? Do you own this card? If so, try it.
I use a really slow sd card for ml firmware in my sd card, recording on cf. Works.

Wlad81

I'm sorry, the camera and the lens are on the way to me (I'll have to get 1066x Extreme Pro, too), but I just can't wait. It would be my first FF camera, to be used in a documentary project with indoors shooting mostly.

UPD. OK, now I have got the camera and lens (will get the 1066x CF in a week). Still I don't know which firmware to choose - 1.1.3 or 1.2.3. Could anyone, please, tell me which one is more stable?

Wlad81

Can anyone please be so kind to tell me how to use card spanning on 5D Mark III?

Bender@arsch

@Wlad81

Both versions are stable, but...
Quote(...) Firmware 1.2.3 is required if need any of those features from Canon:

clean HDMI out
    dual monitor support (internal+external)
    AF at f/8 with teleconverters

If you don't need anything from the above list, please consider downgrading to 1.1.3. (...)

Card spanning :
ML menu, Movie, press q on Raw video and enable card spanning. And have fun.

Wlad81

Thank you so much! It works. 5.5K anamorphic mode gives the best picture I've ever seen.

I've decided to use Sandisk Extreme Pro 64 GB 170 SD card previously used in 100D. Cannot use 100D after 5D3.

Got the thing about *.m00 files. I have to merge *.mlv and the corresponding *.m00 file manually.

IDA_ML

The latest versions of the experimental build for the 5D3 allows full sensor readout anamorphic 5k recording with a stunning video quality which is aliasing free and barely distinguishable from the 1:1 full sensor recording.  Right now this 5k anamorphic mode is limited to 15 fps and you get continuous recording at 12-bit lossless with Card spanning active (no SD overclocking).  Operation is very stable, no corrupt frames and post processing really goes smoothly and fast, especially with MLVFS and Resolve.

I was wondering if it might be possible to increase the frame rate to 16 fps in the above mode as this was done very successfully on the EOS-M, (Thank you so much for that, Danne!).  The reason why I am asking for this is the fact that DaVinci Resolve can natively process 16 fps with the "Don't change" fps option and footage really looks gorgeous in that mode - very smooth and cinematic, with a beautiful dreamy motion blur.  Interpolation to 24 fps, if required, also produces gorgeous footage with very little jello effect if any.  I realize that increasing fps by 1 frame may reduce recording times but if we can record long enough takes (10 sec. or so) at 16 fps, this will be a more than welcome improvement.   

Danne

Wlad81

Is there any utility for automatic merging of the files after using the card spanning?

Danne

You want to merge into one big mlv file? If you keep them in the same folder Mlv App reads them automatically without having to merge.

Wlad81

Thank you, Danne, MLV App really does it, so no problem at all. Great program.

By the way, is it possible to get 5.5K anamorphic working at 25 fps?

muanthang

Wlad81

The missing image from the previous message:

1.5 Gb/s!