Won't let me put ML on SD card

Started by So_me, March 11, 2015, 07:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

So_me

I have a Canon 550D and ML has worked on it before. Now I've got new SD cards and none of them allow ML files to be transported on the root of card. I've tried witg transcend 32gb and a kingston 8gb. I've checked that both are on 'open', concerning the switch on the side, and downloaded the newest version of ML, but it just won't work. I don't know how to get the files on the SD card!

Walter Schulz

Are you able to write anything to the card? Try root and subdirectories. Try sudo.

So_me

I've managed to solve the problem now by moving the switch on the side of the SD card to the middle! But eventhough ML files are on the card now, it doesn't show up in camera... So no signs of ML when I'm using my camera!

So_me

Frank7D

Did you make the new card bootable?

So_me

No, I didn't, is that necessary? I'll research it now.

So_me

I made the sd card bootable and put ML in there again and now camera says: 'Card cannot be accessed. Reinsert/change the card or format card with camera.

Frank7D

Try formatting the card in the camera and then copying the ml files onto it again.

Walter Schulz

So_me: Please tell what you did to make the card bootable.

So_me

I did through disc utilities, choosing partition 1, journaled os x and applied it. Just a instruction found from internet...

So_me

Oh, should I use MacBoot maybe, like the installing guide says... Just did some more reading...

Walter Schulz

As Frank said:
Format card in cam
copy extracted nightly contents to card
run MacBoot