Other ways to donate to the Magic Lanter guys

Started by extremelypoorfilmaker, March 04, 2015, 12:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

extremelypoorfilmaker

Self- explanatory, are there other ways than bicoins to donate to the magic lantern guys?

Even though as my nickname would suggest, i would be more than happy to donate £100 to the amazing developers who made my filmmaking life WAY better! :)

ItsMeLenny

extremelypoorfilmaker

Would you care to be a bit more specific? because if i understood what do you mean exactly, it means i would have to study the coding language that magic lanter developer use, study and try on my only 6D!
:)

extremelypoorfilmaker

Thank you audionut. Since the 6D is not listed there i will do some tests! :)

ItsMeLenny

My abrupt answer was due to the fact that ML don't taken donations (money or bitcoin) and this has been asked and answered many a time.
Some of the developers may have wish-lists somewhere (amazon or something?) that you may be able to buy something for them for L100.
Also the coding language that magic lantern uses is nothing unique, it's not some sort of ML programming language. :P
But hope that helps, I'm unsure as to how you would find their wish-lists if they have any.

extremelypoorfilmaker

Thank you itsmelenny! Audionut showed me that post that i am reading and treasuring and as soon as i will get the 5D3, i will run extensive test on the 6D. Unfortunately, as my nickname might suggest, i can not afford to lose the only camera i have, specially now that i am going through even more financial difficulties.. I am sorry to have opened up a post that as probably very obvious to most of you, but i just felt i HAD to give something back to the AMAZING people who made this possible! :) I personally feel to be in their debt, for the dedication and effort the Developers have putted into creating such a marvelous piece of software! :)

ItsMeLenny

Here's something that you can easily help with, it's being asked by one of the developers.
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=14656.msg141511
If you convert some of those then you'll be helping both the developers and ML.
(You will see my semi failed attempt, I chose to convert quite a large set of registers, the smaller ones should be easy.)

extremelypoorfilmaker