PP - AE - Dynamic Link issue

Started by mozq, February 26, 2015, 11:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mozq

Greetings, i got a problem:
So i created a dynamic link between those two apps and by default AE making a composition with 8bpc, 16 bpc is what i need, i know AE at very basic level and i'm using it only as grading tool, when i create another composition with 16 bpc my dynamic link, obviously, fails.

I can change to 16 bpc in render queue but i've read that it's somehow not the same thing and i need a 16 bpc in project setting.
Is it true?

Fellas i really need help, and i reading this forum about 3 month but didn't find a similar thread.

mozq

Problem #2
My dynamic link is not working properly, instead of movie all i got is still images.

DFM

kihlbahkt

Hey mozq,
The info you provided about your problem is a confusing and you have not really described the workflow well. Changing a comp to 16bpc will not " break" a dynamic link or turn movies into stills. This forum can provide insights for apps like AE but we need to understand your problem to help you. Take some time to understand AE better, read the documentation, read about dynamic linking, about bit depth, experiment, fail, try again. Good luck.

You can change bit depth in AE at the bottom of Projects window in the left pane, right next to the trashcan. I have no idea about the movie to stills issue.
600D x2