[DONE] Can you bring back accurate shutter speed info

Started by Kharak, February 19, 2015, 03:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kharak

Hi.

Many builds ago, the shutter speed was accurately shown in the bottom bar. If I set the shutter speed to 1/48 then I would see that number while shooting. If I recall correctly it was also shown in the ML menu where the shutter speed is. Now I only see the shutter speed of the standard canon shutter, so I set it to 1/50 to then go in to image tuning to set it to 1/48 to match my framerate, but bottom bar still shows 1/50.. It has confused me many times, because I have been shooting a lot onboard a ship factory where the lights are very sensitive to being precisely 1/50 because of pal land and unstable generators. Going updeck, the outdoors shots I've done I put back to 1/48th (still seeing 1/50th) and then going back to the factory I have seen 1/50th and continued shooting.. That lead to terrible Rolling lights. Which I only noticed when working on the footage in post and in the metadata I could see the shutter was 1/48th.

I unfortunately do not remember what build it was last working on, but it is quite some time ago.. maybe 7-9 months ago, maybe older. I didn't mention anything right away as there were so many builds coming out at that time that I figured it would come back eventually and I did not think it was that big a problem, but now I have learned it the hard way of what inaccurate information can do.

It is not the biggest issue in the world, but this was working before and I think it would be very nice with accurate information when shooting to avoid further confusions.

ps. I tried taking a screenshot to then draw a red circle around the specific area where the shutter speed is, in case there was a misunderstanding to what I meant exactly, but I could not get it to work. But I am pretty sure you know where I mean, if not, ask.

once you go raw you never go back

a1ex

This is the opposite of another feature request: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=10648

(I actually like exact values as well, especially in movie mode)

arrinkiiii

This happen also to me Kharak, only after in pos i realize the rolling lights...

Kharak

Wow. Thanks Alex! Feared this would require a lenghty discussion.
once you go raw you never go back

arrinkiiii