2k RAW Music Video with 600D (T3i)

Started by JADURCA, February 19, 2015, 03:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

extremelypoorfilmaker

JADURCA mate, Thank you A LOT for this trick! I am gonna definitely use it at some point.. i think i will even get myself an 8mm lens to use in crop mode, thanks to your inventive! :)

This community never cease me to amaze me and makes me everyday happier to have joined in!!

JADURCA

@extremelypoorfilmaker

Is all about sharing experiences and new findings! It give purpose to this life!!  :)

JADURCA

@wyrlyn

First, when you import your 12 fps RAW image sequence you tell Vegas, that you got 24 fps in the settings and not 12. Why? Because when you add Twixtor plug in it recreates the other 12 frames and then you got 24. Then before rendering you must make your clip longer twice. For instance, if your clip originally takes 100 frames then when you stretch it you got 200 frames in the timeline. Why? Because thanks to Twixtor, you got twice the frames now! Finally render using an intermediate codec with a sub-sampling of 4:2:2. Done!

wyrlyn

thanks for the explanation JADURCA now I get it!

kamranjon

7D has dual-iso for still photos, but not for video yet

0oyoungoneo0

Hey @Jadurca and anyone,
   I'm a newbie. I was wondering what kind of card did you use (class 10? 20 mb/s?, etc.?)? How long can you record for? I did a lot of internet searching and read up so much answers. LOL. Thanks in advance. Have a good one.

JADURCA

@ 0oyoungoneo0 - I used a 10 Class SD card. The process is a headache and not proper for filming a project. I were just experimenting. I even sold my 600D and bought a 5DM3.

Walter Schulz

Take care. "Class 10" is a very outdated classification just telling the card should write large files with at least 10 MByte/s. 600D's limit is about 21 MByte/s.
Another specification doing no good is something like "80 MB/s". In most cases this is only valid for reading and nothing can be said about write performance.

Benchmark runs with tools like CrystalDiskMark, ATTO or ML's own may tell another story. And be sure the card you want to buy is the one tested. There may be harsh differences among cards with different sizes. Lexar's 800x CF-cards may serve as an example. 32 GB -> 45 MByte/s. 64 GB -> 77 MByte/s.

And always benchmark your cards after purchase. Faked cards are widely spread and may be in stock from companies considered to be trustworthy, too.

JADURCA

@ Walter Schulz - True! Companies always shows readings speeds (marketing reasons maybe?) on the card label, so costumers see a higher number. But in reality writing speeds are more important for us to know.