550D download

Started by kataman64, February 18, 2015, 09:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kataman64

I am trying to install ML for the first time on a 550D, firmware version 1.0.9.... I went to the download page and it tells me that the latest nightly build cannot be installed  and to install Version 2.3. so I did, but all that happens is the LED light flashes which I am told means I may have the wrong sub version and to follow the links at the top of the page but that just seems to take me back to the page that tells me to download version 2.3 etc.

I believe I have followed the correct steps, low level format etc.
As I said this is a first time install, is that important?
Canon says that there are no firmware updates to 1.0.9.
The SD card is a Sansdisk SDHC1 Extreme pro 16GB. I notice the SD card has a lock on it does that have to be dealt with?

I am no expert in these matters, as is obvious, so what simple thing am I missing or misreading please?

Thanks in advance,

Kataman64

Walter Schulz

Format card using a cardreader, download Canon's firmware 1.0.9 http://pel.hu/eoscard and reinstall firmware 1.0.9. Then start ML installation from scratch.

kataman64

Cheers Walter thanks for your reply,

Please be patient, I just need to clear up one thing. I went to the the link. I just wanted to double check - do I need to format the card then download v. 1.0.9 onto the card then re install that into my camera before starting the ML from scratch or do I just need to make the card bootable? Eg format the card make it bootable with the link software V1.4 then immediately whack on the ML version 2.3 onto that card and install again.

In a nutshell - do I need to to do two installs, the latest 1.0.9 then ML. Or is it just one install, make the card bootable, immediately adding the ML 2.3 and installing that?

Hope your not pulling your hair out.

Thanks again for your help.

Katman64

Walter Schulz

Format card using a cardreader, download Canon's firmware 1.0.9 http://pel.hu/eoscard and reinstall firmware 1.0.9. Then start ML installation from scratch.

Text for 550D nightly page:
"Installation

You cannot use this package for first install. Download the old v2.3, install it, then replace the files with the ones from the nightly build. "