Canon 40D

Started by dichterDichter, July 18, 2012, 08:55:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pixelk

Yes sorry, I didn't try to capture, maybe it didn't work, maybe it did. But without the CF card recognised, my only urge was a full reset  ;D

imme

hi,

rufustfirefly is there any update on 40d ML version you are working ????

imme

jplxpto & rufustfirefly any latest update on 40d port? have not heard from you guys for a long time.

frix23

...and here's another guy willing to contribute work that
might even brick his camera for the sake of getting a
running 40d port. So, if there's anything I could
possibly do, let me know!

AOK

Hi everyone,

What is the current status? Do we have a forked development of the 40D ML or rufustfirefly progressing on his own? I am very confused.

Guys whatever the case is thank you so much! Let us hope for the best.  ;D

I've just installed his build - and it has a few features... Now I know we are talking about quite an old body. Indeed since 2007 way too many things have developed. And yet could some more features
be expected?

imme

Can you please tell me what features are supported in this firmware. I just need HDR and timelapse feature. is it there?

Canon40D

Anyone have an update on ML for the 40D? I've read this thread start to finish and looked all over without a clear answer. The ML website claims it's compatible with the 40D but I can't get it to work. Any help or guidance is much appreciated thanks to all for the hard work and time given to make this possible.
Canon 40D / T2i / 20D / 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM / 60mm 2.8 USM Macro

Marsu42

Quote from: Canon40D on March 31, 2014, 05:18:59 AM
Anyone have an update on ML for the 40D? I've read this thread start to finish and looked all over without a clear answer. The ML website claims it's compatible with the 40D but I can't get it to work. Any help or guidance is much appreciated thanks to all for the hard work and time given to make this possible.

I also thought so and even told other people as such, but then I was told here that 40d is not working at all and this most likely won't change :-\ ... it's not even digic4 so copy/pasting code most likely won't work.

Canon40D

Quote from: Marsu42 on March 31, 2014, 11:37:32 AM
I also thought so and even told other people as such, but then I was told here that 40d is not working at all and this most likely won't change :-\ ... it's not even digic4 so copy/pasting code most likely won't work.

I'll just stick to my T2i for now, though I love the feel of my 40D over my T2i which is why I would love to get ML working on it.

rufustfirefly

If anyone's still watching this, here's where I'm at:

I had tried, relatively unsuccessfully, to port the existing VxWorks ports to the 40D. I'm going back to the 1000d_dev work, and pushing out my current work, etc, to github. If anyone would like to assist, it's here:

https://github.com/jbuchbinder/40d_dev

Thanks!
EOS 5Dmk3 | EOS 40D
EF 70-200mm f/2.8 IS II ; 50mm f/1.4 ; 24-104mm kit lens ; 135mm f/2.8 SF | FD 28mm f/2.0 ; 55mm f/1.2 ; 300mm f/4 | Nikkor 55mm f/1.2 | Other : Rokinon Cine 14mm, 24mm, 35mm, 85mm ; Juplen M42 135mm f/2.8 ; ... etc ...
http://jbuchbinder.com/

sedayu

Quote from: rufustfirefly on April 02, 2014, 05:49:10 PM

I had tried, relatively unsuccessfully, to port the existing VxWorks ports to the 40D. I'm going back to the 1000d_dev work, and pushing out my current work, etc, to github. If anyone would like to assist, it's here:

Thanks!

wow, god job bro

NurseBob

Quote from: rufustfirefly on April 02, 2014, 05:49:10 PM

Thanks!

Just joined, and have a 40D.  Noted that 40D is listed on the home page as "supported" but based on what I'm seeing, that's perhaps a bit misleading...
However, I do have code experience with the msp430 microcontrollers, and from what I'm seeing, there would be a learning curve with the controller for the 40D, but hopefully not insurmountable.  I guess time will tell.
Aside from this extensive thread, are there any other resources regarding design of the app???  Or is it just "read the code?"
Thanks!

bob

chris_overseas

Quote from: NurseBob on April 04, 2014, 11:51:18 PM
Aside from this extensive thread, are there any other resources regarding design of the app???  Or is it just "read the code?"

I've found it to be a bit sprawling, but there is a lot of information buried on the wiki http://magiclantern.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_Lantern_Firmware_Wiki
EOS R5 1.1.0 | Canon 16-35mm f4.0L | Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 | Canon 70-200mm f2.8L IS II | Canon 100-400mm f4.5-5.6L II | Canon 800mm f5.6L | Canon 100mm f2.8L macro | Sigma 14mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art | Yongnuo YN600EX-RT II

NurseBob

chris_overseas
Thanks!  Looks like a great starting point, and a whole lot of homework...  So it goes. :)

bob

Faxe

> Thanks!  Looks like a great starting point, and a whole lot of homework...  So it goes. :)

For what it is worth, we are several people who still follow this thread closely! We wish you good luck, should you except the challenge.

imme

I am following and waiting for this port for long time :D
Today I thought I must remove 40d ML updates from my RSS feeds. But NurseBob I hope you can make it a reality for lot of Magic lantern users.

I am not a developer but this whole 40d thread contains lots of information sharing by some developers and Magic lantern team lead.

Goodluck

tonesen

i just want to say that i would be so freakin' happy if you could make it possible to use a 40d as a video camera.
thank you very much for all the work here!

Canon40D

Quote from: tonesen on April 23, 2014, 12:44:55 PM
i just want to say that i would be so freakin' happy if you could make it possible to use a 40d as a video camera.
thank you very much for all the work here!

I've seen some videos on YouTube that show video recording on a 40D already. I'm going to google it now.

dazzle

hi

im donating some micro bitcoins to someone who can finally make the 40d capture video at, preferably, 24fps with 720p resolution, ideally

who's with me? ive got a 40d lying around here, clean and dust free.. by the way, good job on that rufustfirefly!
Canon 70-200mm f2.8 L IS II
Sigma "WHITE VERSION" 70-200mm EX DG APO Macro HSM
Canon EOS 60D / 60D / 40D / 5D Mark III / 7D / 70D / 50mm f1.8 / 85mm f1.2 / 28-135mm USM / 18-55mm || Bitcoin Fanatic.

Faxe

Quote from: Canon40D on April 24, 2014, 02:17:24 AM
I've seen some videos on YouTube that show video recording on a 40D already. I'm going to google it now.

It is possible to shoot video today, but through a connected computer.

See http://sourceforge.net/projects/eos-movrec/

ansius

First - thanks to those who have contributed to ML, it is an awesome tool.

I have 7D with it running, but my 40D seams to be collecting dust, because some of the tasks I would use it for would benefit form ML. like built in intervalometer, bulb timer, bulb ramping or even better - automatic ettr with deflicker. I wish i could help, even tough I have written some code in in various languages, including even low level assambler for atmel avr micro controllers, newer got a good grasp of C, somewhat it always have made me lose interest in it. now I bite my fingers, should have learned it.

I really hope that some day, before the 40D dies we would see ML in it. IMHO video functions, even tough cool, are not for the humble 40D, there are cameras much better for this. Photography would benefit greatly form ML tough.
Canon EOS 7D & 40D, EF-S 17-85mm IS USM, EF 28-300mm IS USM, Mir-20, Mir-1, Helios 44-5, Zenitar ME1, Industar 50-2, Industar 61L/Z-MC, Jupiter 37A, TAIR-3
http://www.ansius.lv http://ansius.500px.com

bubbleg5

Hello friends!
I did not understand where I can download the modified firmware for my Canon 40D ... can you help?

dazzle

it is still in development.
Canon EOS 60D / 60D / 40D / 5D Mark III / 7D / 70D / 50mm f1.8 / 85mm f1.2 / 28-135mm USM / 18-55mm || Bitcoin Fanatic.

techbp

Any updates? Also waiting for this firmware update... goodluck guys

dazzle

everyone is really anticipating this great hack/tool for a great camera 40D :)

I am waiting too! :)