Canon 40D

Started by dichterDichter, July 18, 2012, 08:55:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jplxpto

I'M LIVE :)

Sorry ... I have spent many days with health problems and hard work.
My life has been a bit complicated but I hope to get back to work on this project a few days from now.
I'll need to read some posts. I am now a bit outdated.

I think the developers have done an excellent job.

I promise appear shortly.

BR

jplxpto

Quote from: ariznaf on March 06, 2013, 11:13:04 PM
The dveloper does  not seem to be active in the forum, not just this post.
It seems he is busy with personal tasks.

Of course this is not  probably his main priority, there is work and family, personal troubles...
Hope he will work en this soon.

YES!!! You are right! Thank you for your kindness.

You may not believe but I finally went and uncle have not photographed the child with a DSLR. :(

I love to shoot a little of everything but children are at the top of my list. And now I have a new reason to shoot.

BR

jplxpto

Quote from: ariznaf on March 06, 2013, 11:13:04 PM
The dveloper does  not seem to be active in the forum, not just this post.
It seems he is busy with personal tasks.

Of course this is not  probably his main priority, there is work and family, personal troubles...
Hope he will work en this soon.

I still have some outstanding issues to resolve but I will endeavor to return soon.

blue9

I have several eos cameras, the 40D however produses very sharp and clean images for it's size (10Mp). Take a look at DP's (Digital preview) review of the 50D where the older 40D at delivered the same image quality as the 50D when magnefied, even if the 50D has a 15.1 Mp sensor.

I think a Magic Lantern converted 40D camera would be one of the best and sharpest film cameras, and to a fair price.  ;)

ariznaf

Quote from: jplxpto on March 21, 2013, 02:04:22 AM
YES!!! You are right! Thank you for your kindness.

You may not believe but I finally went and uncle have not photographed the child with a DSLR. :(

I love to shoot a little of everything but children are at the top of my list. And now I have a new reason to shoot.

BR
Well come back and many thanks for your efforts.  Glad to hear from you.
Hope your personal troubles and your health issues have been solved.

Programming is a very time consuming task,  and this kind of programming Is even more demanding.
Hope you find the time to complete the task,  but even if you cannot complete it,  we should be gratefully for your efforts and time.

I come often to the thread to read about the progress.  I would like to test ml in my 40d and test video in a DSLR.

May be in the near future,  when the price lowers more,  I will buy a 7d as my video camera is dead,  but I am not sure that a DSLR is an alternative to a consumer video camera.

Anyway there are many interesting g things in ml for photography too.

mincanphoto

jplxpto,I found some information for you
1.http://valexvir.narod.ru/      -----from Russian,for 40D, 50D, 5D Mark II и 1Ds Mark III -  record video 1024x680 with a pc.
2.DIGIC III - (VxWorks OS) from CHDK    http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/For_Developers
3.one  chinese cracked the firmware of 40D,found out the "factory menu";ISO 50-6400;AF CK;but he stoped (write text.bin),
http://bbs.fengniao.com/forum/1397306_8.html
http://bbs.fengniao.com/forum/1397306_9.html

jplxpto

Quote from: mincanphoto on March 24, 2013, 02:33:52 AM
jplxpto,I found some information for you
1.http://valexvir.narod.ru/      -----from Russian,for 40D, 50D, 5D Mark II и 1Ds Mark III -  record video 1024x680 with a pc.
2.DIGIC III - (VxWorks OS) from CHDK    http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/For_Developers
3.one  chinese cracked the firmware of 40D,found out the "factory menu";ISO 50-6400;AF CK;but he stoped (write text.bin),

Thank you!

jplxpto

My dear friends,

Finally, I got some time to update my repositories and make the necessary changes to make the build of ML for 40D.

My next task will be to fix the menus.
Many changes were made to the menu system and now some things are not well presented. For example, icons appear with double the size.

I think, users of 5DC will have the same problem.
I made small fixes that should have an impact on 5DC but I do not have this camera for testing.

https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/pull-request/71/some-change-to-build-ml-for-vxworks/diff

j_veitch

Just want to say, thanks for all your efforts so far.  I just never seem to have the time to look further myself... It is quite a learning curve for me.

muzsielod

This are great news ;D
Canon 40D / Canon 50/1.8MkI / Hanno 135/2.8 / Canon 18-55/3.5-5.6 IS / Pentacon 400/4 MC

nexiabass

Great to see progress.
I really would like to help, so if some alpha-testing is necessary ^^
Do you already have an idea if a iso expansion would work?

ilguercio

It does already, use Lightroom.
;)
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.
Proud supporter of Magic Lantern.

nexiabass

Thats the standard answer ;)
But it's a bit easier and better to handle to select a iso value instead of underexposure.
It's just the standard workflow with the cam - for me ;)

adentallon

Created an account to show support for this project.  I'll also throw my camera up for grabs for testing if needed.

fotosi

Hello! I have created account too, just to show my support. I already follow this thread unregistered, from the its begining and just because of maybe incoming Magic Lantern for 40D, I still keep my three 40D's.
Many many thanks to the developers of Magic Lantern! When I watch what you guys do, it seems to my like a rocket science. Really unbeliveable...
If you successfuly finish this project, you will receive a donation from me, for your big success.
Big thanks in advance and I will stay tuned to the new happening.... :)

Bimmer_E30

I too have created account, to congratulate you all, for trying. My 40D is wainting to test ML.

danniorn

I did the same thing as anyone else :) i made an account just to say good work and keep it going! i would love to make my 40d take short clips but i have one thing to ask, would it be hard to add the timelaps feature in the 40d magic lantern?  becouse i would loe to take some timelaps without the 200$+ remote  :o

Keep doing your awesome work  8)

vladzilla

:) will we be able to film video on 40D?) cool

ariznaf

Great, I see that you are now back in the developement and makin progress.

Thank you for your work and time.

thome

I love my 40D - its a great camera and it does a great job!
If ML is going to hit it, it would be a big rebirth for the cam.
I am thankful to all of  the developers for their personal effort in ML as a whole and jplxpto in special for his work on the 40D.
It's an "old" camera, so it is not a matter of course that someone takes over such a hard and long work for it. So: thumbs up for you jpl and never forget: don't mind how many people are asking for features/dates/whatever: there are more important things in life.

Faxe

> there are more important things in life.

Such as?!

No, seriously. While I go to this page almost every day in the hope of some progress, I realize that ML is not a make or break for me becoming a better photographer. And, sadly enough, neither is getting new lenses... But the geek in me would love to test out new features on the 40D any day, so I keep coming back. Keep it up jplxto, really appreciated!

a1ex

At this point, anyone with a 40D and some C skills can grab the source code and improve it. So... what are you waiting for? ;)

samacochan

Alex is right about it.

But is there an easier way to do it for the majority who may not know how to do with the source codes. Is there a simplified version with only a few functions e.g. intervalometer, auto WB control etc. to start with. I think most 40D owners will agree to pay to finance the development.

Any thoughts from the supporters of this thread.