Canon 750D & 760D specs leaked, official annoucment friday 6 feb...

Started by emphram, February 05, 2015, 02:27:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emphram

So, the official specs for the 750D and 760D have leaked online... and I must say, they are somewhat interesting, especially since HDR movie is in the specs , mentioned as a seperate type of video mode than  just 1080p. Any idea what HDR movie is, does it compare to ML HDR minus the post processing and maybe reduced control?

Link to specs.
http://www.canonwatch.com/cw5-canon-eos-750d-eos-760d-images-leaked/

EDIT: HDR movie mode maybe = 10bit codec?
EDIT2: I somehow managed to post the wrong link, and can't find the original. There is another site that has the full official specs for these cameras, and not the rumored ones, but still the rumored ones are almost identical to the other sites official specs.

Greg

emphram

Quote from: Greg on February 05, 2015, 04:16:03 AM
Maybe Sony sensor, so you do not need dual ISO.

Maybe, but more likely than not, it's just clever processing work with data from the sensor. It does have a DIGIC 6 on it I believe, which means it should be fast enough to bracket a frame at two ISO (maybe only 24p?) so that it can average them out? Hopefully it will allow you to choose two ISO's, and not have built in values that can't be changed. I'm really looking forward to this, I might upgrade to this from my T3i.

Do any other Canon DSLRs or camcorders have "HDR" movie to get an idea of what this will look like? Maybe other non cannon cameras?

emphram

CNET VIDEO...

OMG... Their HDR video is nothing more than ML HDR video with in camera combining, only at 720p60...