Iceland in December- timelapse shots

Started by 2ghouls, February 06, 2015, 06:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2ghouls

Shot with 5Dmkiii, and Rokinon Cine lenses.  Used Magic Lantern's intervalometer, and raw histograms in most shots. A few were done with the Syrp Genie.  And there is one brief shot in an ice cave where I was using mlv_rec to record raw video.  I used the mlvrawviewer software to export to ProRes.  All the timelapse shots were minimally processed in Lightroom, then opened in After Effects as a camera raw sequence and exported ProRes 422 HQ.

I would welcome feedback, I love to learn, and have been lurking on this forum for awhile.

lapser

Fantastic video! I love the way you mix up the speeds too. The shot from the ice tunnel is brilliant. And the aurora is breathtaking.

Hey

Too bad the stars were not in focus on the second sequence, the rest is breathtaking! How did you do the motion for the timelapses ? In post ?

2ghouls

Quote from: Hey on February 10, 2015, 11:16:02 PM
Too bad the stars were not in focus on the second sequence, the rest is breathtaking! How did you do the motion for the timelapses ? In post ?

It was done in the field with a Syrp Genie motion controller on a small Konova slider track.  I just take a few test shots and look at the RAW histograms and ETTR function in ML, then tell the Genie how long I want the timelapse to last, and set the interval.

Thanks for the comments!