5D Mark II RAW - Crystal Palace - Graded with resolve and Osiris LUTs

Started by Moogan99, February 09, 2015, 04:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moogan99

Finally getting to grips with a workable ML RAW workflow!

Any comments/criticisms advice on how I could improve are very much welcome.

Thanks for viewing

Cheers
Chris

baldavenger

EOS 5D Mark III | EOS 600D | Canon 24-105mm f4L | Canon 70-200mm f2.8L IS II | Canon 50mm f1.4 | Samyang 14mm T3.1 | Opteka 8mm f3.5

PeterR

Nice video, great choice of song. A few things I noticed, and I experienced this with my own filming with the 5D2. First, the music is clipping. Bring down the base. It might not be evident on big speakers, but anyone playing it on smaller speakers (phone, laptop, etc), will hear the distortion. The images are beautiful overall but a few technical things....  First, I noticed the noise in the bench shot at 30sec. Noise reduction should help there.  Secondly, I'm seeing some aliasing at the top of the building at 32sec. The anti-aliasing filter helps a lot with this--btw, I have the latest one and I'm selling it at a discount as I no longer need it since I'm selling my 5D2 to help offset my purchase of my GH4 (let me know). Hope that helps. Ya, the ML raw workflow took me a while to figure out, but it's nice once you get it. Enjoy!
GH4 + 5D2 w magic lantern. Davinci Resolve>Premiere Pro>Davinci Resolve workflow