Anyone Know How To Downgrade From 1.3.3 To 1.2.3 Firmware 5DMIII?

Started by RP, February 05, 2015, 09:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RP

Hello,

I have seen 1 topic on this but it didn't work for me. I just got my Canon 5DM III and the Firmware is at 1.3.3 which I obvs need to downgrade to 1.2.3 to Install ML. I have tried the normal way of installing via SD Reader and using the EOS Utility to try and install nada..Can someone tell me how to downgrade successfully please? would be very grateful thanks.

Walter Schulz

Others had no problem using EOS Utility for downgrading.
Which version are you using?
Are there any error messages?

Please describe what you have done running EOS Utility. In detail, please!

RP

Well I Installed EOS Utility on my iMac I had troubles even opening in New Upgrade of Yosemite, managed to get passed that via Youtube. Then once connected my camera to EOS Utility it didn't even recognise the camera, I must be doing something wrong...

Walter Schulz

So you aren't using EOS Utility at all.
Make it run. Either on your computer or on another.

RP

It is running but it won't recognise the camera connected to it for some reason, I tried doing it on my PC it came up onto the firmware page but it didn't recognise the update option either..

Walter Schulz

RP

Thank You Sir Walter Schulz, I Managed To Downgrade Via That Link You Sent :)

bsridev

All

I have downgraded from 1.3.3 to 1.2.3 using canon utility tool. It was successful.

Preset in Camera:
Make sure Below,
i) memory card
ii)100% Battery
iii)set to Photo Mode  (ie.,it should not be in video mode)

Here are the Steps:
1. first download and install Canon utility software to your computer
2. then download the firmware version 1.2.3 and save it in your local directory

(Canon recently removed all the old firmware's in their site so download the 5DM3 1.2.3 firmware in below link along with ML firmware.

Top of page -> Downloads -> Download nightly builds -> 5D3.123  --> there you could find the link for both ML and 1.2.3 firmware in the  read instructions)

3. Connect your camera using USB cable to your computer
4. Now Canon utility window automatically pops up.
5. select camera settings/remote shooting under control camera tab
6. then select setup menu in newly opened window there you could see the selection for Firmware
7. Click firmware then system will give you the option for update (either upgrade/downgrade)
8. then navigate and point out the firmware which you like to upgrade or Downgrade.
Ex: if you already installed 1.3.3 then select the firmware setup for 1.2.3 to downgrade
9. Thats it! then follow the instructions in your camera to complete the installation.
10. then Enjoy!

PS: Just now I have removed my Youtube video due to bad video quality and voice... thought of making good one!

Thanks
Sridev

Kharak

once you go raw you never go back

CRphoto

Hi all,

I'm having trouble downgrading my firmware from v 1.3.3 to v 1.2.3.  I've tried Sridev's method (I found his youtube tutorial) but for some reason when I try the firmware selection is greyed out in my EOS set-up menu window and I am unable to change it or downgrade it.  I'm on Mac OS X v 10.9.5 and have tried multiple versions of Canon's EOS utility (EOS Utility, EOS Utility 2 & EOS Utility 3)  Does anyone know how to solve this puzzle?  thx!

jtvision

Quote from: RP on February 05, 2015, 09:08:00 PM
Hello,

I have seen 1 topic on this but it didn't work for me. I just got my Canon 5DM III and the Firmware is at 1.3.3 which I obvs need to downgrade to 1.2.3 to Install ML. I have tried the normal way of installing via SD Reader and using the EOS Utility to try and install nada..Can someone tell me how to downgrade successfully please? would be very grateful thanks.
Switch to photo mode M.

jtvision

Quote from: CRphoto on April 15, 2015, 02:25:11 AM
Hi all,

I'm having trouble downgrading my firmware from v 1.3.3 to v 1.2.3.  I've tried Sridev's method (I found his youtube tutorial) but for some reason when I try the firmware selection is greyed out in my EOS set-up menu window and I am unable to change it or downgrade it.  I'm on Mac OS X v 10.9.5 and have tried multiple versions of Canon's EOS utility (EOS Utility, EOS Utility 2 & EOS Utility 3)  Does anyone know how to solve this puzzle?  thx!
Switch to photo mode M. You must be in video.

CRphoto

alexkeefe

Hi everyone -

I need to downgrade from 1.3.3 to 1.2.3, does anyone know where I can get a copy of 1.2.3? I can do the method shown in the youtube tutorial but only if I have the old 1.2.3 firmware, only Canon don't supply it anymore... So I need to find a copy to complete the downgrade using EOS Utility. Any ideas??

Feeling very frustrated that I upgraded and now can't use ML. 

Walter Schulz

Top of page -> Downloads -> Download nightly builds -> 5D3.123 and read instruction there.

Brecht

Quote from: alexkeefe on June 12, 2015, 04:29:15 PM
Hi everyone -

I need to downgrade from 1.3.3 to 1.2.3, does anyone know where I can get a copy of 1.2.3? I can do the method shown in the youtube tutorial but only if I have the old 1.2.3 firmware, only Canon don't supply it anymore... So I need to find a copy to complete the downgrade using EOS Utility. Any ideas??

Feeling very frustrated that I upgraded and now can't use ML. 

Did you find it? The exact same thing happened with me, very frustrating. Someone should still have firmware 1.2.3 somewhere?

Walter Schulz

Top of page -> Downloads -> Download nightly builds -> 5D3.123 and read instructions.

juancanoguera

Hi everyone,

I have a canon 5d mark III. I accidentally installed the firmware 1.3.3. and I am strongly regretting it because now I cannot install magic lantern. I haven't found on the internet the firmware 1.2.3 which is the one you must have to use magic lantern. Can anyone help me as to where or how I can get the 1.2.3. firmware again??

Thanks for the help!!

Frank7D

Walter Schulz

Top of page -> Downloads -> Download nightly builds -> 5D3.123 and read instructions.

alexkeefe

gmfotografie

hi, i did all the steps but everytime the upgrading starts the camera display get black and the red indicator light blinks.
no reaction.

i tried it in p and m mode.

Walter Schulz

Format card in cardreader, format card in cam. Run EOS Utility to downgrade Canon firmware 1.3.3. to 1.2.3.

spencerblesi

Hi all, I'm having the same problem downgrading my firmware from 1.3.3 to 1.2.3.  I was able to downgrade once before using EOS Utility.  I've tried all the methods listed here.  I'm still going through EOS Utility to downgrade.  I get through all the steps asking me to downgrade firmware and click OK, the camera screen lights up for a second, then goes black, and the red light at the bottom begins slowly blinking.  EOS Utility says the camera has disconnected.  I've tried with all other firmware files (like 1.1.3), but the same thing happens every time.  Anyone else experiencing this?  I'd like to get my ML back ASAP.  Thanks, Spencer